Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 PM

Default 10-50 Sightron scope

Last year I purchased a new Sightron scope 10-50x, I finally got it out this year and started using it with test loads on my 6mmbr at 100 yards set at 20 power. Yesterday I moved out to 200 and 300 yards. I turned the power up to 30 and couldn't focus, the further up the worse it got, the reticle was clear but the target was fuzzy. I called Sightron and they were very nice and said send it back. I've never liked the side focus my Burris Signature and Leupold EFR with the AOL are more user friendly IMO. I just saw a used Leupold 24x on line I might look at getting that.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Supporting Member

Yes, I have one also and they are a bit of a pain to focus. The focus field is vary narrow and the focus knob can be a bit tight. It does get better the more you use it though. The folks at Sightron are really good thou and have Great customer service IMHO. Good luck
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM

Default 8-32x experience

I have a couple of SIII 8-32x scopes. The side parallax on both are very tight and touchy. They make better target scopes than hunting scopes.

I had to tweak the eyepiece focus on one of them. I focused the reticule on the sky like you are suppose to. There was a wide window where the reticule appeared nice and sharp. However with the parallax totally adjusted out at 100 and 200 yards the target would be less than in total focus. I fiddled with the eyepiece focus a little bit and got everything nice and sharp. Once adjusted they are great scopes.

I plan to hunt sage rats this year with one of them, but suspect I won't like it very well due to the touchiness.