Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2015, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Unhappy Family site

Guys, when you post jokes, remember that this isn't "24 hour campfire", and the rule will always be "if you wouldn't tell he joke to your 12 year old daughter, don't post it." If you've been warned once and post a violation the second time, you will simply be banned.

I like raunchy jokes as well as anyone, but not on this site.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:04 AM

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

To prove to the possum that it COULD be done!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:19 PM

There was a raunchy joke and I missed it !!!

Of course I'm kidding, I hope there are young folks on this site. Shooting is vilified these days and it will die if we don't pass the sport along. sgtg out
Old 01-22-2015, 04:12 PM

think it was mine - I am very sorry. Won't happen again.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:39 PM

What, the joke about the Marine and the little girl being eaten, I'd like an answer, because in the political atmosphere we have these days that joke flat nailed it.
Anxiously awaiting comments. sgtg out

Last edited by sgtg; 01-22-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

Liked the joke and understand the point Alex made completely! I don't wanna make you fellas uncomfortable here but my Beloved Bride comes on here sometimes, she knows it's where I hang out and she wants to find out what I'm fix'n to buy (she knows you guys'll know before she does ). Just kidding there dear .
Old 01-22-2015, 10:44 PM

i know for a fact:....... most young kids ai'nt as angelic as some of us oldies think they are

to a point, political correctness has gone way over-board.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkon View Post
i know for a fact:....... most young kids ai'nt as angelic as some of us oldies think they are

to a point, political correctness has gone way over-board.

1. I don't disagree with your' 'fact'. Does not mean, however that we should hasten their education in certain areas.

2. Much of the world is choking on PC. I don't feel like that is the case, here, on this site.

My own opinion is that this is an awesome site with immeasurable knowledge being shared here. That should be comfortably available to the young (future of our sport), old, male, female, heathen, saint and so on. To me, that comes down to showing respect, not the silliness of the big PC crowd. I have, and do, tell jokes that are in very bad taste but, I don't feel a need to tell them just anywhere.

What we have to share here has way more value than what we get out of an off-color joke.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos View Post
1. I don't disagree with your' 'fact'. Does not mean, however that we should hasten their education in certain areas.

2. Much of the world is choking on PC. I don't feel like that is the case, here, on this site.

My own opinion is that this is an awesome site with immeasurable knowledge being shared here. That should be comfortably available to the young (future of our sport), old, male, female, heathen, saint and so on. To me, that comes down to showing respect, not the silliness of the big PC crowd. I have, and do, tell jokes that are in very bad taste but, I don't feel a need to tell them just anywhere.

What we have to share here has way more value than what we get out of an off-color joke.
Thanks Ramos, that was very well said, over the years I probably have become numb to that fact of your last sentence!

This site from its beginning was a very respectful place with a wealth of knowledge from great guys willing to give more than they take. I am in awe thinking back to their generosity and patience with a country kid from Nebraska who just discovered the www.

Thank you Alex! I respect and admire your what you do for this site. I realize sometimes it has to be difficult.

I have not seen the joke you guys speak of but I remember one time when my daughter Sarah (who was very young) sunk up from behind and made a comment upon seeing some critter blown to smithereens and I shared that comment here. The poster immediately apologized and was willing to remove it. I didn't want that! He done nothing wrong. But was super impressed on the respect he had for others! Oh now Sarah is in college, shot and helped workup her own deer and can handle a gun about as well as anyone!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Alex.
If it was my joke that was way oootttt.
I apolagize wont post any more of them sorry again.
Wally