Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 11-30-2018, 04:25 AM
Supporting Member

Doug--I'm real sorry to hear about your wife's unfortunate accident, but glad to hear she is getting better. Sometimes I wish there was some way those darn electronic devices folks mess with when they are driving could be disabled as long as the car is running!!!

As for you, my sympathy for the back problems goes out to you. I'm in that same boat--chronic back, rib and hip pain. Been studying those spinal cord stimulators, but a recent report about lots of folks who have been paralyzed by them, other folks who have been killed by them, and many folks who have suffered from serious shocks has me re-evaluating my January 9, 2019, appointment to have test stimulator installed.

Anyway, good luck and my prayers go up to God for both you and your wife.

Take good care of those pups.

NRA Life Member
Old 11-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Default Glad to hear Nancy is ok.....

I believe that the God Lord had a hand in protecting her.Sure glad she is doing better.
Just about everyday I see an idjit with a cell phone in their hand while driving,makes me furious.Hoping life gets back to normal soon for you both,perhaps you can get out soon and bust a prime Montana blond ‘yote Doug.
Matt
Old 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Supporting Member

I'm glad to hear that the only permanent damage was to the car your wife was driving, Doug. I agree totally with the idea stated earlier about having cellular devices that are inoperable while their owner is driving.

Several months ago I had no adult supervision for the day so I hit a favorite brisket place of mine for lunch. A couple of tables over from me were three Harris County Sheriff Deputies, so I picked up their tab also. After eating, they came over to my table to thank me, and while talking with them, I asked how their day was going. One of them told me that they had all three been at a fatal accident investigation in the mid morning where a young man was killed due to his inattention while using a cell phone while apparently texting. In his case he hit a retaining wall at an underpass head on and no one else was involved. I would also like to see a control on devices for keeping people from sitting thru green traffic lights while they are attempting to get laid that evening, or whatever it is they are doing on their devices that they are distracted by. In a heavy traffic area that exist in some places where I live, when they suddenly realize that the light is green, they are often the only car to get through the intersection before the light changes.

As for permanent stimulus implants and portable TENS Units for back pain, they have both been a life saver to me as far as keeping me active is concerned from the time I was in my mid forties age-wise. I still have a now inoperative stimulus unit in my back following my second spinal fusion surgery over 14 years ago.......5 vertebrae in my lower back fully fused in two surgeries due to old athletic injuries. It is the second implant I've had following back surgeries and neither has caused one single problem. And btw, the implants used are very low voltage implants so I have no idea how anyone was electrocuted by one of them unless they were standing in water with their finger in a 220 volt socket, and they implant was blamed for the death. The original implant from 1993 was removed as part of the second surgery in 2004. Also, when used wisely and as directed, the portable TENS Units can be a big aid in healing when you are feeling extra discomfort after surgery. Its been probably 7-8 years since I last used my TENS, but they are an extremely good aid in pain relief. Don't discount their use.

As the holidays approach, I hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. Where has 2018 gone to so quickly.......??

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 11-30-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:00 PM
Banned

Default Federal

Doug, sorry to hear about the bad times you all have been having ! Glad everyone's ok. Don't mean to change subject but found me 5 more vibes of Fedear Preium Sierra 30gr 22 magnum ammo! That's 8 boxes now! For an old tree squirrel hunter that's a life time supply!!
Old 11-30-2018, 02:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default Pain relief

I've heard of a couple of people say that Hemp oil has given them the relief they need.It does not have the THC ,it has no hallucinate effect in it. Senior citizens actually. Just a thought.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:30 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
I've heard of a couple of people say that Hemp oil has given them the relief they need.It does not have the THC ,it has no hallucinate effect in it. Senior citizens actually. Just a thought.
Supposedly smoking hemp is also medicinal and it cures a multitude of ailments if you can believe the folks who smoke it.......... I think I'll stick with what my doctors recommend.

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:00 PM

Even back while I was still working, we were advised to not use cell phones in the car. Our company's insurance outlawed cell phone use while driving. Nothing would be covered if you were found at fault, no medical coverage, no auto coverage, no liability, nothing. That message has always struck a chord for me, and won't use it while driving. If the phone rings, I pull off the road to talk or let the phone go to voicemail.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default Pain relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
Supposedly smoking hemp is also medicinal and it cures a multitude of ailments if you can believe the folks who smoke it.......... I think I'll stick with what my doctors recommend.

-BCB
I think you should do some research on the subject.This is medical marijuana not a get high experience. By the way doctors can prescribe it. It's legal in many states and will probably come to your state soon.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:28 AM

Shocked to hear of Nancy's accident - so glad she's OK and healing up. WOW - what a shock for you as well.
Take good care of that lady - and the pups. busier than a one handed paper hanger, eh?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:33 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
I think you should do some research on the subject.This is medical marijuana not a get high experience. By the way doctors can prescribe it. It's legal in many states and will probably come to your state soon.
No need to do any research. I'm fully aware as its use has been in the news of various sorts for several years.......and I have a friend who has a prescription for medical mary jane for cancer pain relief. But thanks for the free coaching and advice....

With all due respect, maybe you should research humor.

-BCB