Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 AM
Supporting Member

Default Democracy

Well most would be aware of the events that happened in New Zealand on the 15th March.

With the advent of that event the government in NZ is going to push through firearms control while the populace of NZ still has all the emotions ruling their actions.

There isn't going to be any constructive consultation about what is proposed and therefore democracy is being dispensed with and a dictatorship is being enacted.

While some licensed firearms owners disagree with what the government is doing others agree with what the government is doing.

It is heartening to know that some none firearms owners also do not agree with the actions of the government.

While I agree that some changes are required to help prevent what happened from happening again, I don't think that any changes to the law will totally prevent it from happening again, as this person broke the law to carry out what he did.
No matter what laws are in place people will break the law to do what they want.

The only real way that I can see to make effective change is to change humanity...…...we are our own worst enemy.

While NZ'ers unite and console those affected by what happened and the nation calls for unity and tolerance I am appalled to see NZ'ers treating lawful firearms owners who had nothing to do with the events that occurred on the 15th March as criminals and the media ostracising, vilifying and inciting hatred toward licensed firearms owners.

Some actions of NZ'ers make me ashamed to be a NZ'er
Old 03-24-2019, 01:56 AM

What changes are they proposing? What would you like to see change?

Aaron
Old 03-24-2019, 02:56 AM

From the reports I see the female government official and others are really clamping down, ban semi-auto firearms ( that will cover many) gun buy backs, which do not work and more restrictions on buying and owning any firearm.
None of which will stop a criminal from breaking laws as this guy did and murder, which is has a law against doing.
Like so many even in the US or other places, the lawful gun owner is condemned for the criminal act of the criminal and law makers go after them full force, instead of directing their laws and actions against the criminal.
It is sad and I hope they do not curtail your shooting and ownership much more than it is already. Bill K
Old 03-24-2019, 05:27 AM
Supporting Member

One of the things I see is that Military Style Semi Autos are registered so the police know where they are which makes it easy to go and confiscate them.

They have reclassified a whole lot of firearms that were classified as "A" category previously as now MSSA's but since they don't know who has these and how many they have they will never know if they confiscated all of them.
Some of these may end up on the grey or even black market so available to criminals.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:58 AM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

To paraphrase Mark Robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZn0D_9VY8, the prime-minister of NZ has decided to place blame on the law-abiding citizens of NZ instead of rightfully placing blame on the murderer.

By the way, maybe we as a group should take command of the language used in these situations and correct its use by journalists and government officials at every opportunity. As an example: The monster who murdered these folks in NZ was not a shooter, he was a murderer.

Another example might be: reporters seem to be quick to point out brand and type of firearm used.

Maybe we should demand to know the brand and model of vehicle used.

Maybe we should demand to know the brand of shoe worn by this monster.

Why stop there, maybe we should know the underwear brand worn by this monster.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBear View Post
To paraphrase Mark Robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZn0D_9VY8, the prime-minister of NZ has decided to place blame on the law-abiding citizens of NZ instead of rightfully placing blame on the murderer.

By the way, maybe we as a group should take command of the language used in these situations and correct its use by journalists and government officials at every opportunity. As an example: The monster who murdered these folks in NZ was not a shooter, he was a murderer.

Another example might be: reporters seem to be quick to point out brand and type of firearm used.

Maybe we should demand to know the brand and model of vehicle used.

Maybe we should demand to know the brand of shoe worn by this monster.

Why stop there, maybe we should know the underwear brand worn by this monster.

They keep referring to assault rifles, yet the public in NZ do not and have never been allowed to own assault rifles...…….one of the attributes of an assault rifle is selective fire, ie full auto and semi auto, without this feature its just a semi auto...…...Kiwi
Old 03-24-2019, 03:01 PM

This should make us see what and who we are fighting, each and everyday, with this gun control/confiscation push by various groups.

I just read where over 20,000 people have signed a petition for the NZ PM to get the Nobel Peace prize for her talk and stand on gun control in the aftermath of the mass shooting there. ( Mass shooting their words and the media, not mine, my words would be Mass murder by a criminal)
A Nobel Peace prize for saying something, that does nothing to address the issue of murder by criminal breaking many laws, the main one being murder, that is one very ignorant reason to be nominated, too me anyway. Bill K
Old 03-24-2019, 04:34 PM

"Democracy" is the restriction of rights for the masses as "preventive measures" against actions committed by the few, rather than dealing with the few. Political elite and actor/people of the press are always excluded from the restrictions, somehow. The left wing ALWAYS takes freedom away.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:04 PM

There is no democracy in NZ. Now it’s a 14 year penalty if you are in pocession of the shooters manifesto.

Good luck and farewell NZ.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:07 PM

My heart breaks for the law abiding people of NZ, having a guv'mint that essentially blames their firearms for the tragedy their country experienced at the hands of a deranged person. Where have we heard this before, eh?

Making matters even worse, given that Muslims were slaughtered, it is safe to assume that sooner or later there will be retribution. In what form is anyone's guess, but it won't be pretty.

From what I heard on TV, that Prime Minister-ette talks more like a dictator than anything else. JMO.