Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2022, 03:04 AM

Default We have two problems where I live

I have only seen eight groundhogs all summer and they were dead on the road. We have a lot of coyotes and a lot of city slickers who are buying up the land and parcels that were part of farms. The coyotes are eating the groundhogs and the slickers are posting the land, not to mention building houses all over the place which makes shooting unsafe in many directions.
I ran a coyote in to one of their barns and was told that I could not go in after it. It had killed two or more new born calves, but that didn't matter. We ended up snaring him and the calf killing stopped.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:28 AM

Been seeing a lot fewer groundhogs here in Western Pa also.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

QAZ:

My first thought was: "you and who or what else".

Yep, whole lotta people enjoy sex, that results in

population explosions everywhere.

Glad you got that calf eater.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 09-08-2022, 06:04 PM

Go back in time to the early 1980's when my buddy Mark and I approached a property owner about shooting rockchucks on their property. Oh no, they are the kids' pets says the woman dressed in a flour sack outfit.

We said thank you and politely left after letting her know that allowing them to undermine the foundation on the family residence might not be a good idea and that a good strong farm dog or two might not be a bad idea.

A year later when we entered the coulee there was only black scorched earth where the home had formerly stood. Upon inquiry with long time residents we were informed that the County Health Department had burned the place to the ground after the children came down with bubonic plague. My inclination is that what they were infected with was Sylvatic plague, mox nix.

We have built relationships with smaller property owners that allow us to get access through connections they have to others in central and eastern Washington.

The easiest way for those relationships to go south is to invite anyone to join you who has an AR15 or 10/22 in their possession. Irrespective of whether we have brought along one or both, don't allow anyone who doesn't have considerable skin in the game the option of bringing them along or all of the effort you have made to have access will be for naught.

Last edited by JDHasty; 09-08-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:12 PM
Supporting Member

Sylvatic plague is term the libs have created to avoid facing up to Bubonic plague spreading eastward in wild populations. When I went back to school mid-80s I was lined up to study titer concentration of plague in the PD out at the local NPS land. Until NPS found out I had ZERO desire to work for them at which point I was axed.
We always joked about some blue hair's toy poodle taking BP back to Chi or NY. Kinda like Eagle Day in Valdez.

Check out The Barbary Plague by Margaret Chase.

Last edited by barretcreek; 09-09-2022 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:54 PM

Much fewer woodchucks here in SE Ohio
Old 09-11-2022, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
QAZ:

My first thought was: "you and who or what else".

Yep, whole lotta people enjoy sex, that results in

population explosions everywhere.

Glad you got that calf eater.
George- I live in a sanctuary city, our population explosion is from south of the border, russia and several other countries and to a lesser extent city people. FYI- I read that the population of the U.S. has been in decline for years because boomers are getting of age.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

i have noticed the republican women have bigger ovaries than the republican men have balls. we need to buy the men the book Nice Guys Finish Last and they need to adopt the philosophy Sean Connery told Elliot Ness in the movie the untouchables "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. Not saying we need physical violence, just a certain mind set. if we don't we will loose,
Old 09-11-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
- I read that the population of the U.S. has been in decline for years because boomers are getting of age.
Only in lawful and legal citizens of the USA. The criminal and illegal population has really grown, since Obama's era and now more so with Biden/Harris, Especially with Harris being the Border Czar.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:21 AM

I left work Friday and spent the night in my RV on the Columbia River then got up and drove to Okanogan and watched rodeo and Indian Relay races at the Okanogan County Fair this weekend.

Let’s just say that one of the major political party’s booth (the one that endorses grooming of children) didn’t get a warm welcome. Fact is, I never saw anyone interacting with them positively in two days. We were in Ellensburg for Kittitas Fair and Rodeo week over Labor Day and they didn’t have either a fair booth or a float in the parade. At least their fair booth wasn’t where it normally is. Word on the street is they don’t have many friends in central Washington.

I left Okanogan Sunday at 3:00PM and slept in the bed of my truck in the Kalispell Costco’s parking lot, visited my dad at the assisted living at 8:00 this morning, visited with Dennis Olson in Plains from about 10-11 and got home to Tacoma at 6:00.

I cover a lot of real estate when I am traveling on my own. I don’t have to stop for food and potty breaks and sleep under the truck or in the bed.

Last edited by JDHasty; 09-13-2022 at 04:24 AM.