Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-16-2020, 12:48 AM

I have a number of CZ 527 rifles they all have there triggers adjusted to a single stage. The set feature becomes a nuisance after a bit in the field. And the factory CZ triggers can be set up as a very nice single stage with a minimal amount of effort.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Danny, I agree that the CZ 527 set triggers are nice, however, you need to try to find/experience the International Set trigger on an Anschutz 22lr Match rifle. Simply incredible.
Nuff said...........
Old 07-16-2020, 01:49 AM

There is variation in the spring strength of the extractors on CZ 527’s. I had problems with one when using a Calhoon single shot follower. It worked but was rough. Jim has the expertise to “tune” the extractor. I think you only need to send the bolt to him and he can do it quickly and inexpensively. Give him a call.

Once they are “tuned” they are good to go. My buddy has 10,000+ fed through his .19 Badger, still feeding and extracting perfectly. Mine, once tuned, is also smooth with no problems.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:12 AM

On the "Original CZ Forum" in the CZ Center fire Rifles section on the first page there is a heading titled "CZ 527 Owners- does your bolt ride smoothly". Reply number 14 has a video on an extractor modification that may answer your original question, I have never tried this myself so cant really comment on it. I tried to post a link and failed miserably, sorry.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:27 PM
Supporting Member

Danny, I am glad that you like your set triggers, I did too many years ago with some Canjars that I had in Sakos and one Browning B-78. However, after competing in benchrest for 10 - 12 years, I became so accustomed to light pull single stage triggers that I don't think I could ever go back to a set trigger regardless of how good it is. I am impressed with the build quality and adjustability of the CZ trigger.

David S, thanks for that information, I had wondered if Calhoun might be of some help since he has done so much with CZ based rifles. I will check into the CZ forum; do you have a link?