Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 PM

Default Shooting Chair/ Rest

I just ran across this on another Site . It's a Shooting Chair or Rest if you prefer . Available only from the Manufacturer in the UK ( Rotherham ) .... FedEx to you . Minimum of two ( or multiples ) for purchase . No price was given ....Ad said available on request . Looks like it could be handy for Varmints , especially Pdogs . Looks like a musicians "throne" on some very sturdy Tripod Legs ....back rest , elbow rest , etc ..... try www. idleback.com.uk ........ Anyone familiar with these ?

Last edited by xring; 03-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 PM

Looks a bit complicated for my tastes. However, it appears that there is a US distributor.

www.idlebackusa.com
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Supporting Member

Default Chair

Looks over designed but very nice. Our chucks around here wouldn't give you that much time but may be great as a portable paper shooter. Just looks too busy for my tastes. But, to answer your question. No.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM

You gentlemen are not suggesting the British ....over design and complicate things .....are you ? Rolls Royce would be shocked !
Old 03-24-2014, 09:35 PM

Not saying that at all. Just 'splainin how simple I am!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:51 PM

Not that I can see them, I cant see a link but I think I know what you are talking about.

Cant say that they have caught on over here, most of our rifle work is either from a vehicle or stalking on foot. Very rarely get opportunities like long rabbits in volume where something like a chair would come into its own. Your PD shooting would be fine but I would have though a bench would be far more stable.

Most long range varminting here is done off imported US varmint benches of one sort or another with any old seat behind it. Waiting for a fox over a known earth in June or July requires a high seat usually to get your scent above teh fox.

A
Old 03-24-2014, 11:18 PM

Whoops ....Alycidon ....Ramos had the correct Link above . I saw something like this many years ago , but it looked pretty humble compared to this one .
Old 03-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Supporting Member

I'm actually in the process of testing one of the Idleback Chairs. I took it up to NE California for a ground squirrel hunt and will be heading to Texas with it soon. I'll have a full write-up upon my return mid-April. In the meantime, I will have an initial report in a couple of days. It is a very well built and thought out platform.

Eric
Old 03-25-2014, 04:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

That can't be very good, there's no table or way to set a box
of ammo, or can to drop the empties in.
Nice cushions though and backrest.
Needs a sun shade too.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM
Supporting Member

Out here when we're shooting p-dogs or gophers were either leaning over the hood of a truck or shooting out the side of a pickup. Very few places ya set up a chair like that cause we are always on the move. I don't see that chair working well for me, others mileage may vary .
Best shooting accessory I've ever purchased is an original BR Pivot 360 degree swivel bench, that and my Geovids are indispensable.
Here's that table for ammo and such ya mentioned George, the sunshade is called a straw cowboy hat or an old boonie hat outta that dusty seabag in the closet .

That bench was designed and sold by one of our own before the rights got sold to Caldwell who makes it with lesser materials from the one I saw. Still a nice design but I'm glad I got one before the change, it's solid as Sears in the back of that pickup and gives ya a little altitude for added visibility as well.