Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
Good to know guys, thanks. Now I feel even more lucky that I have a fluted model 453. That has to be worth at least 10 more FPS right?
Not only that but the flutes will dissipate the heat during those sustained rapid fire sessions and keep ya from burning out the barrel in that big overbore monster !!

You guys er making me jealous, looks like I better start hawking the gun-shows in my "new" quest for a fluted barrel 453 with a stick on it as nice as sbranden's!! A guy can't have to many .17 HMR's with 11 grandkids now can he ???
Old 01-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Supporting Member

Default doh!...

I haven't really paid any attention to the 455 until these threads. I always assumed that the progression was 452....then 453, basically the same with the nice 527 set trigger and then 455, a 453 with a switch barrel feature. Pulled my head outa the sand and realized the 455 has the crap 452 trigger? You can only find the set trigger on the 453? I guess that's why you don't see them for sale very often, searches on the auction sites...nada! If you can find a new one hunkered down on someone's shelf they want close to 700.00 for it.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
Not only that but the flutes will dissipate the heat during those sustained rapid fire sessions and keep ya from burning out the barrel in that big overbore monster !!

You guys er making me jealous, looks like I better start hawking the gun-shows in my "new" quest for a fluted barrel 453 with a stick on it as nice as sbranden's!! A guy can't have to many .17 HMR's with 11 grandkids now can he ???
Oh pleeeezzee... You and I both know you're going to find one with a stock that looks like AAA claro walnut. And you'll probably get a deal on it too!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Supporting Member

Nice! My 453 does not have a fluted barrel either. These rifles shoot like a house afire if you keep the bore clean.....

www.17hmrboreguide.com

CZ 527 Magazine Modification

www.rvbprecision.com
Old 01-15-2015, 03:58 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShooterZ View Post
Oh pleeeezzee... You and I both know you're going to find one with a stock that looks like AAA claro walnut. And you'll probably get a deal on it too!
You know what they say about "Even a blind squirrel finding an acorn now and again"?
What can I say? The wood Gods just seem to like me .

Chuck my 455 .22 Mag came right outta the box with the trigger breaking at a crisp, repeatable 2 LBS near exactly. It's the only 455 trigger I've ever squeezed so don't know how the rest of em are but I like the one on my 455 a lot, maybe the trigger Gods like me too ? What really amazed me on the 455 .22 Mag I ran across is that it's the Varmint model and instead of what I was use to seeing on CZ 452 Varmints, this one has a muzzle that measures a .866??? Never seen that before either. Seems CZ's changing things all the time.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:14 AM

I bought a 453 fluted a few years back when I started with the 17hmr. Since then I've bought two Annies and a 452 in the same caliber. The 453 is still my favorite. Try the CCI 20gr Game Points. At least in my rifle, they are the most accurate of all the ammo out there. Knocks the snot out of the groundhogs too.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:43 PM

Wow, $700 - I'd almost for surely sell mine for that kind of cash. (Would probably still kick myself later, but part of the fun is putting guns/mounts/scopes together and then testing for best loads.) Mine doesn't see much action after having picked up a CZ 527 in 22hornet which I reload w/40VM's.

I think the 20's are great. DEEP penetrating round, that's for sure. And what a smack/rip noise they do make on ground-hogs even though to me, I don't think these kill quite as well as the v-max or tnt's. Discounting the S&B V-max that can't be found any more, I'd have to rate the accuracy in mine as 20 CCI, V-MAX (Federal probably after the S&B's, or maybe Remington), then the TNTs. But in kill power it's just the opposite, I'd go TNT - V-MAX - and then the 20's (CCI Gamepoint -or- Hornady XTP's).

It is truly amazing how these little rimfires will shoot though.