Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2017, 07:13 PM

Default Ruger 77/22 Hornet Price Check

What would a Ruger 77/22 Hornet be worth? This is one of the heavier stainless steel barreled, laminated stock (no checkering) rifles. Rifle has an installed BSA Scope, unknown model, which appeared to be about 6-20x or maybe 5-16x. Condition would be about like new except that the barrel channel was opened a little, and at the last inch or two at the forend tip a little too much, and not very workman like.

What is a realistic selling price for something like that for sale by a local guy?

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Supporting Member

The BSA scopes were not worth the boxes they shipped in IMO. I believe they were under a $100 new. With the hacked up stock I would be at the $500 mark..........at best. Really no reason to float a hornet barrel. I don't believe you could get it warm enough to change POI. Laminated stocks are very stable, too much glue to move.

Aaron

Last edited by long shot; 02-25-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:39 PM

Default hornet

I have bought 2 of them with one being a K-Hornet that came with dies and brass for $500 each.Bobby
Old 02-25-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long shot View Post
The BSA scopes were not worth the boxes they shipped in IMO. I believe they were under a $100 new. With the hacked up stock I would be at the $500 mark..........at best. Really no reason to float a hornet barrel. I don't believe you could get it warm enough to change POI. Laminated stocks are very stable, too much glue to move.

Aaron
Thanks.

I agree about the scope. My brother had one of the BSA scopes. It had a problem and was sent back under warranty. He got a new one back, which he sold NIB. Asking price was $500.00, so that agrees with both of your opinions.

Danny

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:43 PM
Supporting Member

With the amateur stock inletting job I would have to get it cheap. Every time I picked the gun up it would be the first thing I saw. And it would bother me. So you would need to get it for the 500 everyone here has suggested minus a new stock. Not that I am wealthy by any means but in my old age I have come to appreciate a nice looking Rifle. My days of HAVING to own beaters are gone. I would rather just go without.

Good luck Danny I hope it works out for you. I have a M77 in just the configuration you described and I love that Rifle.

Steve
Old 02-25-2017, 11:39 PM

Default Ruger hornet

Agree with what others said on BSA scopes.

I had two of those Ruger 22H rifles. Spent a lot on triggers. glass bedding, rechamber etc and never got them to shoot close to an inch. Sold both of them. Really liked the looks and the magazine.
Ended up finding an Anschutz and bought it, accuracy problem solved. I shudda done it right the first time and saved some money.
I would not pay $500 for one, but I suppose that's pretty close to market value.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
With the amateur stock inletting job I would have to get it cheap. Every time I picked the gun up it would be the first thing I saw. And it would bother me. So you would need to get it for the 500 everyone here has suggested minus a new stock. Not that I am wealthy by any means but in my old age I have come to appreciate a nice looking Rifle. My days of HAVING to own beaters are gone. I would rather just go without.

Good luck Danny I hope it works out for you. I have a M77 in just the configuration you described and I love that Rifle.

Steve
Steve,
I just happened to see the rifle and thought about it because I had one of the blued ones before and wish I still had one. I am not sure if I would buy it. I have a nice Cooper Hornet. I always liked the stainless ones and now again think about having one even though some of them have issues. The rifle is a nice size and weight with a nice stock.

Danny

Old 02-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Supporting Member

Mine is a 22 Mag. It is called the All Weather. All of the steel has a Grey coating. The stock is laminated. It has a spot up front in my safe because I use it a lot.

Some day I am going to say two things. "Cancer? Oh yea I had that one time" and "Cooper? Oh yea I have one of them".
Old 02-26-2017, 12:38 PM

I sold one couple yrs ago, basically like new, and without a scope for $550 if I recall right. For me that scope = $0, and the stock would knock off about $100.