Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-06-2019, 12:31 AM
Supporting Member

No, I did not slug it Ray but I was going to put a little cerosafe in the muzzle and see what it said. Original owner said it shot the smaller diameter bullets and that’s why his dad had a bunch to go with the rifle.

I realize it’s a smaller bore and how that works but I wouldn’t be afraid to shoot 224s in it after shooting .312 in .308s. But this ate some nice looking .2225” bullets!

FWIW, I don’t expect it do much. Here is what I found other forums

There was an American Rifleman "Dope Bag" review of the H&R .22 Jet in the 1963 to 1964 time frame.
The article said the rifling in the bore was pretty bad and the groups were huge.

I have owned 4 H&R topper 22 jets and none shot any better than 1 3/4" 100yds
tried .222,.223,.224 diam bullets and nothing worked , but id bet it would do good in a rifle built right , also thought about the 22 SUPER JET , i keep getting burned by the jet but some reason its drawling me back in a bolt gun or a martini is what one day i will have

It’s just something to play with until I can decide if I want a contender or a different long gun chambered in it.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:02 AM
Supporting Member

Well I should have checked it first Ray. It’s a .224 barrel. Anyone need some .222s LOL I’ll be loading up some TCM bullets and try to find a scope for it. All I have is a NIB varixlll w/VHR I think 6-24 or something like that. Might be a little overkill