Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 01-16-2020, 03:47 AM
Supporting Member

Default WTB 17 Jet Dies

Even if it’s only a FL die. Getting ready to place an order for 17 Jet FL/neck bushing dies that will be custom made to my fire formed brass. Thought I’d check in first right quick incase anyone has anything TIA gw
Old 02-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Supporting Member

Bump for one last try. Barrel came last week. Will make brass this weekend and hopefully get 5 cases shot 5 times to send out and have custom dies made up exactly for my chamber (probably the best anyhow)
Old 02-13-2020, 10:00 PM

Default die

I don't have the die here with me, still in storage. I do have some fireformed and resized cases I will send you if your interested in them. there are several variations of the 17 jet. mine is the 32 degree shoulder not the 40 degree version. my ruger #2 was rebarreled and chambered by Dick Saunders so I believe it is to his specs. PM me if you would like some cases.
max
Old 02-14-2020, 03:05 AM
Supporting Member

Thank you very much Max for the kind offer. I actually have 500 rounds made up already... kind of a hodge podge of 22 Jet brass, 360 DW and 357 max brass with the later two having longer necks.

The smart thing to do would be to get rid of the brass but not me... I have another 17 Jet barrel made up with the same reamer chambered exactly to my fires cases that wat I can still enjoy the longer neck.

I’m sending out 5 fire formed cases of the 17 WS (17 Jet run in deep) on Monday to niel jones to make dies. I just finished making 5 more cases for the 17 Jet. Loaded and shot them once out the back door. Will neck size snd fire form a few more times and send them out to get both sets of dies made up at the same time.

There’s a set of RCBS dies on gunbroker but comes with extras that are if no use to me and fit that kind of money I can have custom dies made up just for my chamber.

Thought I’d check here before sending the Jet brass out on Monday.

Thanks again for the great offer and that’s for sharing about your awesome #1. I’d love to own one of dicks rifles like that!!!