Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 AM

Default 12/23/2011 hunt

http://[url="http://"][url="http://"][url="http://"]http:

here are a few pictures to look at i am really slow i mean sloooooooowwwwww it has taken about 2.5 hrs to get these pics up. in my defence this was the first time i have tried got to go to bed its late will try to tell story later

kerry
Old 01-05-2012, 03:56 AM

Default 12/23/2011 hunt

one more i hope

http://

thats me

kerry
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Supporting Member

Is that the 243AI, hell on wheels there. Adam
Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

You savin that snow up for a reason? Been two wks since we sent it down that way.
Mostly dried off & melted around here.
What's the deal with bloody ears on those dogs? Common with hogs, not many do it that way on dogs too. Sure is effective though, isn't it?
Thanks for sharing the nice pics and good results.
What part of the Ok panhandle you at?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Supporting Member

ahhhh so thats what it looks like....

jones'n for some snow here but I think forcast is 60s today

btw nice dogs

matt
Old 01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ
Thumbs up

Nice pics! Now tell us about the guns...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 PM

Default Nice!

Awesome pics !! Looks like you have some great coyote hunting. I green w/envy. We shoot a bunch of fox here in western N.Y. It would take me half a season of hard hunting to kill that many coyotes here and we'd have to do it at night. Just can't seem to get em to even come and take a look during any lighted hours here. Great job
Old 01-06-2012, 01:04 AM

OK story time
my two hunting partners for the day are son in law (on the left) & he is shooting a howa 1500 223 & the other guy is my brothers son in law he is shooting rem. 700 adl 243. we had got about 6" of snow on the 19th ( thanks george for sending it) it fell pretty flat but on the 22nd wind blew about 40 with gusts over 50 moved lot of snow to the bar ditches. the boys were home for christmas they both live in okla. but several hours away. my son had to work so he didn't get to go, he lives here in beaver county. there are 3 counties in the okla. panhandle & beaver is the east one.

ok back to the hunt we left the house about 9am for the first stand nothing so we moved one section to the north east and as you can se in 3rd pic. the pickup on the hill, that is where we sat just off the ridge (my son in law has been calling with me several times but has never killed a coyote) i started calling (wind was not in our favor) but oh well called for awhile( oh by the way were setting side by side my son in law on the left brothers on my right) son in law spots one about 350 yards out motions maybe 2 so i keep calling & she came on in and stopped at 120yds & son in law put a 55 grain vmax in her chest she just wiggled her tail, i told the boys to set still and we would see if the other one would come in, so i called about 10 min. and nothing we were fixing to leave & i saw something about 1/2 mile away i pulled my gun up to look and i told the boys it looked like a prairie dog ( i have bifocals need tri.) they laughed at me but then they were looking and it moved low and behold it was another coyote, so we called & called some more don't know how long but the old dog just keep coming slowly along when he gets about were we saw the first one he is still coming very slow he gets about 250 yards from us i spotted another dog 200 yards from us, kept calling when 3rd dog got at 180 he just stops i tell brothers son in law to shoot he does just over him son in law was ready on 2nd dog he shoots & gets him @ 195yards 3rd dog is well on his way to the next section & the boys both shoot ( it sounded like BBoom) dog goes head over heals one of them hit him in the back of the head. so 3 coyotes in 3 down. I have to tell on myself i have been calling over 30 years & I made a rookie mistake when brothers son in law missed coyote and he turned to run i was ready to shoot just after my son in law shot i pulled the trigger and gun didn't go off you MUST take the safety off first it will help a lot oh i was TRYING to shoot my 22-243 went & called 3 more stands & didn't see anything ate some lunch & the boys went pheasant hunting.

the end

sorry so long

kerry
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Supporting Member

Default pheasants

So how'd the pheasant hunting turn out? SX
Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super X View Post
So how'd the pheasant hunting turn out? SX
they got 2