Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-14-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
Is your son adopted ?
Why, Do you want him ? He works hard does not eat much...... He's my step son since 5 years old, I affectionately call him my 29 year old toddler and no I would not change much about him just a clock to the head every now and then is all that is required
Old 12-14-2018, 03:02 PM

Default USPS Shipping ?

Some of your stories remind me of my Post officer service now days. Letters or packages that are dropped off for local delivery are shipped to Reno, NV and then back to here, rather than just posted and put into local box or routes. Crazy, but the way they do it now days.

As for those magazines and shipping with that much weight. Would it maybe be less cost to have them sent freight ? Bill K
Old 12-15-2018, 04:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Back in the early 80's I had a parts route business.
Special order of a "pallet of truck brake pads" about 1600lbs.
and $3000 or such.

Going in the customers yard I met the man that ordered parts etc.
"Randy, see if you can get this check to me a bit sooner, i'm over extended on
this order". "will do". Radioed his shop man that I was coming. Doors were open and he was on the fork lift waiting.
This was 7 pm Friday night in: Buena Vista Co, maybe 140 miles up the river from Pueblo.

Hell of a deal, 10 am Sat the check was del to the house!! Just how in the devil did they do that????

Used to be we could mail things in town and be next day deliveries. Now it's 2-4 days. I've seen things like cards we mailed across the street with the carrier going N on our side, then S on his way back over there and drop it off over there. Almost as quick as if we'd taken it across the street ourselves.

Now even those go to Denver 120 miles and back a few days later.

I've written lots of address's from the papers rec'd and had them come back as "undelieverable". What the hell? Letterheads give the address i just copied. Baffling!

No mail delivery today at all. I put the lid up around 1:30, almost 11pm and still up, box was empty.
My little dog goes out and barks greetings as they come up the yards, wagging her butt. All except one Black dude
pet her. this jerk runs scared with his can of spray out and don't deliver.

I've tried to explain to them: "you act scared, dogs will sense that and attack, more so and quicker if you run"

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 12-15-2018 at 04:55 AM. Reason: more bs
Old 12-15-2018, 02:22 PM

I am sorry to add my thoughts on the dog thing. I drive a big brown semi for a living and I know many of the guys that drive the smaller brown trucks. I can't even tell you how many drivers have got bitten by "nice" dogs that have never bitten anyone, and most all of them have dogs. One of these guys literally had his sack that contains his family jewels ripped open by one of these "nice" dogs. Lots of stitches and shots and days of work came from "nice" dogs that never bit anyone. many of them carry the box of dog treats, and some have got bitten right after giving them a treat with a waging tail. Now if they hit a dog that is chasing their truck and biting their tires it is classified as an avoidable accident. A friend of mine got fired and was off a month because hit hit a dog that was chasing his truck, and the owner told him the dog was fine, and not to worry about it. A week latter the owner sent in a bill for the vet and the driver was terminated for not reporting an accident. He got his job back, but lost a months pay and had to pay for COBRA for a month. There is my rant! Sorry to the dog owners that can't get their deliveries.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
I am sorry to add my thoughts on the dog thing. I drive a big brown semi for a living and I know many of the guys that drive the smaller brown trucks. I can't even tell you how many drivers have got bitten by "nice" dogs that have never bitten anyone, and most all of them have dogs. One of these guys literally had his sack that contains his family jewels ripped open by one of these "nice" dogs. Lots of stitches and shots and days of work came from "nice" dogs that never bit anyone. many of them carry the box of dog treats, and some have got bitten right after giving them a treat with a waging tail. Now if they hit a dog that is chasing their truck and biting their tires it is classified as an avoidable accident. A friend of mine got fired and was off a month because hit hit a dog that was chasing his truck, and the owner told him the dog was fine, and not to worry about it. A week latter the owner sent in a bill for the vet and the driver was terminated for not reporting an accident. He got his job back, but lost a months pay and had to pay for COBRA for a month. There is my rant! Sorry to the dog owners that can't get their deliveries.
A guy I hunt with is a mailman. I thought the dog thing was over blown but what do I know, I don't deliver mail. Summer of 2016 he was attacked by a dog and it got a hold of his foot/ankle and ripped him up pretty good. Had to have multiple surgeries to fix his foot. Over 6000 attacks by dogs on mail carriers happen every year.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral View Post
A guy I hunt with is a mailman. I thought the dog thing was over blown but what do I know, I don't deliver mail. Summer of 2016 he was attacked by a dog and it got a hold of his foot/ankle and ripped him up pretty good. Had to have multiple surgeries to fix his foot. Over 6000 attacks by dogs on mail carriers happen every year.
The driver that got his sack torn open was about 1" away from not being able to have kids. He was in his early 20's when it happened.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:40 PM

I do not dispute that at all, I have been bit and nipped by dogs that my customers have said they are just fine not to worry, even had a cat bite me once, The worst one drew blood and ruined a new pair of jeans not quite bad enough to need stiches thankfully was my neighbors mutant ankle bitter. My gripe is why cut off my mail and then still walk through my yard ???????? I have had mail carriers since walk up on my porch stop and stare at the dogs through the window for what ? if I have vicious dogs should they not enter my property at all? you should see the dumb ass look they give me when I surprise them by greeting them on there way out of our dead end street, and ask what the hell they were doing on my porch. I think they think no one is home
Old 12-16-2018, 03:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

I've been chewed on a bunch of times. Mostly by my own dogs
trying to break them up when fighting. Had a hole clear thru my hand
I pushed a pencil thru to prove it. Most of the time those bites infected too.

One of my customers got a dobie watch dog for his shop. I never knew it.

To get into the shop when he wasn't there. Had to reach thru a 4" hole in the door and unlatch the hook. I just about filled my panties when a warm tongue started licking my hand! I've gotten along with nearly every dog I've met up with. I think much of that is that I show "I'm not a bit afraid of them, or of being chewed on".

To be around dogs, especially bigger one's you've got to be "leader of the pack" and exert that show when they come running up that you're sure not afraid of them. I've also had my snubby in hand a couple times too.

The worst part about big dogs is their jaws are strong enough they can break bones.

A friend of my late G/F was attacked by two pits while walking down a road. Nearly scalped her and did take a big hunk of meat out of the back of her thigh. Hundreds of stitches, 3 months in the Denver hosp. A few months later she OD'd on the pills. Mighty sad deal in all. The dogs were killed as they should have been.

Yes, it can be serious I don't deny that. But, again, she tried to run away from them. Likely wouldn't have mattered much with those two pits.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"