Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Supporting Member

Default Yo doug

I seem to recall a conversation a while back where a certain individual said if CZ ever came out with a 222 he would be all over it like a duck on a June bug! I would hate to see that individual lose such a opportunity.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/578607777

Aaron
Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by long shot View Post
I seem to recall a conversation a while back where a certain individual said if CZ ever came out with a 222 he would be all over it like a duck on a June bug! I would hate to see that individual lose such a opportunity.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/578607777

Aaron
AAARRRGGHHHH! That's harsh my man!
I been looking for one a these for quite some time cause as un-American as it may be I've never even shot a Triple Duce . Most unfortunately however this Duck has had his fill of June bugs for this years gun budget. Happened with a new CZ 527 Varmint build to a .20 Ackley Hornet complete with custom Whidden Dies etc. While I love the setup it massacred my toy fund in fine fashion. Now if I was assured by the folks at Buds that the rifle in that picture was the one I was gonna get I'd break out the plastic and to heck with my self imposed toy budget. Ya see at our house my wife does a most insidious thing when it comes to me buying toys, she could care less what I buy and it forces me to be responsible for my own behavior "sigh" (I hate that part!). Knowing one new toy a year is probably more than enough I'm gonna have to leave this June bug for some other "lucky" duck . Gonna have to pass on this one.
I appreciate your thinking of me however and by that fact you remembered that post I know you must be a lot younger than I am and your memory still works like it's suppose to.....Now should ya happen to see another one a these sometime after the first a the year don't forget me!!
Old 08-20-2016, 02:26 AM
Supporting Member

Just an idea for ya...........Remember all those rifles you "bought" for your better half ? Well, Christmas is just around the corner. Maybe, just maybe with the proper approach and a twinkle in your eye you could mention it might be a good time to repay the favor. Just kidding...........I hope you can still find one when your fun money fund is replenished. There just are not many good options at reasonable prices for a 222 these days. A great little cartridge kind of falling by the wayside.

Aaron
Old 08-20-2016, 05:39 AM

Triple Deuce? I've just started loading for and shooting mine again - love it.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Supporting Member

Default choices

Mr montdoug

Perhaps their is a rifle or 2 in your collection you could " Dust Off " and put on the market to help with your 2016 rifle fund,m maybe a 17 cal CZ that has not been out side in a year or two. SX