Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 09-14-2020, 11:20 AM

Default Your question

Bill K,

I don't understand your answer can you put it into another way? I have made these things to help guys get into to making something different.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:51 AM

Default Rifles from the 1970's as requested

I am showing these rifles as you can see not all people like the classic of todays styles. These are a few of customer requests and if they could show me a picture of what they would like I would make it.

Last edited by Les Brooks; 09-14-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:48 PM

Default Martini 204 Special my design

This is my Martini 20 cal. special. I made the headspace gage and the reamer to create a shorter than other 20 cal. and hoping for about 3600 fps. Reduced powder so I could get easy extraction of the fired case. I still need to do more testing, but I think it is a keeper.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Brooks View Post
Bill K,

I don't understand your answer can you put it into another way? I have made these things to help guys get into to making something different.
I think Bill K is referring to your picture. It does look like you're making a cam for a compound archery bow.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:19 AM

That is what it looks like. Maybe it is a cap for a stock grip, with some sort of figuring/design worked into it. But I was refering to it looking like a cam for a compound bow.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:10 AM

Default Info on posting

Bill, I am not into bows and arrows so that is why I didn't understand. I have gone back over to Accuratereloading.com and updating the pictures after Hunt101 pictures site crashed. My written articles on making a stock with only hand tools has gotten lots of views and I hope some people will get the itch to make stocks. In my opinion only about 5% of people going thru TSJC could become pro stockmakers. We hired about 10 people that had gone thru school and not a one was able to do stocks from a blank.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Brooks View Post
Bill, I am not into bows and arrows so that is why I didn't understand. I have gone back over to Accuratereloading.com and updating the pictures after Hunt101 pictures site crashed. My written articles on making a stock with only hand tools has gotten lots of views and I hope some people will get the itch to make stocks. In my opinion only about 5% of people going thru TSJC could become pro stockmakers. We hired about 10 people that had gone thru school and not a one was able to do stocks from a blank.
Understand. Over the past few years, the number of old time stock makers has dropped off dramatically. Seems like it is a art that is slowly dying off.
Too bad, as some very fine stocks were put onto rifles and even handguns stocks in years past. Bill K
Old 09-17-2020, 12:23 PM

Default A couple more modern styles 17 rem

I have a few more modern styles to show before I get into the classic styles of today. I wanted to show that there is more ways to make a stock.

Small rifles in classic styles will come next

Last edited by Les Brooks; 09-17-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:36 PM

Default 17 Rem 0n mini Mauser 1986

Here is a reworked mini Mauser action and placed in a good piece of Claro walnut. This little rifle could make kills out to 300 yds on PD in Colorado. I also had a 220 Swift that was not any better at hits out passed 400 yds. I find that 17 and 20 cal. is not bothered by wind anymore than larger calibers.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:21 PM

That is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing that. Nice rifle, super wood.