Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 12-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Overtime season for...

... USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL. Beer flu (Corona virus) problems+ holiday shipping. Rumor has it that Cleveland, Ohio USPS hub has 200+ trailers waiting to unload. You might want to consider waiting for Janurary before shipping anything.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by RareBear; 12-17-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:52 AM

usps having staffing problems with corona virus----people get sick!
Old 12-18-2020, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBear View Post
... USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL. Beer flu (Corona virus) problems+ holiday shipping. Rumor has it that Cleveland, Ohio USPS hub has 200+ trailers waiting to unload. You might want to consider waiting for Janurary before shipping anything.
Right now (I am in that area), I am waiting for some M1 Garand Buttstock Cleaning Kit Gear to come from Indiana. It was shipped on the 7th. It more or less just says "In Transit, arriving late". It was projected to be delivered last Friday, but that came and went, changing to the status above.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:35 AM

Those trailers are filled with ballots.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:40 AM

I manage 170+ drivers for a FedEx Independent contractor. We are in 3 terminals total and "knock on wood" not a single positive case of Covid 19. I doubt USPS's issue is with staffing and Covid 19 sickness. They simply got caught with their pants down and can't handle the volume of packages this time of year. Typical 2 day priority shipping is taking bare minimum of 7 days.
We got behind 2 weeks ago when snow hit here in NE Ohio. Got all caught up but behind again with the latest snow yesterday. Probably won't get caught up till Monday.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:30 AM

Headed to Georgia, should arrive Jan 2nd.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:29 AM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotespotter View Post
Those trailers are filled with ballots.
Nice shot.

In our country the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State. -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 PM

I am a UPS feeder driver, "semi", we are caught up in Nebraska, but holy crap!! The WooHan added an enormous amount of volume to the system, before the peak season hit. As long as the weather holds up, we should be fine. There will be delays from the NE because of the massive snow. We were put on 70 hour weeks, here, "allowing" us to work up to 70 hours a week. Many centers are working Saturdays to keep up better this year. UPS is also handling a lot of the vaccine through the air system, which adds volume in the busiest time of the year. I told my wife years ago that my goal for peak season, Thanksgiving to Christmas and now well into January, my goal was not to be an A-hole, due to the lack of sleep and added 'joys"
Old 12-19-2020, 01:36 AM

Today's local news on TV ran big articles about the massive backlog in packages in USPS shipping facilities here in the Indy area. Similar story for the FedEx air hub. Supposedly, First class mail is not affected, but I just received my new license plates today, and I ordered them 3+ weeks ago.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20VarTarg View Post
I manage 170+ drivers for a FedEx Independent contractor. We are in 3 terminals total and "knock on wood" not a single positive case of Covid 19. I doubt USPS's issue is with staffing and Covid 19 sickness. They simply got caught with their pants down and can't handle the volume of packages this time of year. Typical 2 day priority shipping is taking bare minimum of 7 days.
We got behind 2 weeks ago when snow hit here in NE Ohio. Got all caught up but behind again with the latest snow yesterday. Probably won't get caught up till Monday.
I also doubt that the USPS' problems are Corona related. The rest of the whole known world has been handed the same fate and is doing much, much better.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.