Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-09-2013, 09:10 PM

Default Cooper Target Trigger

For those interested in a Low-Weight Pull Trigger , I talked to one of the new Cooper guys today . About a year ago , I was told that a ( low- weight pull ) Target Trigger would be available early in 2013 . So I asked about it ...... guy I talked to , talked to his Boss who had been Testing a few Trigger Designs . I was told there are no Plans to bring out a Target Trigger and that alternatives were the Jard and Timney . I know about the Jard , but did'nt know that Timney made a Trigger for the Cooper !
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Interesting, disappointing, but interesting. As for current offerings from Timney, I did not see anything listed for Coopers.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 PM

From my research, there were Timney triggers back in time but the powers to be got mad at each other and Timney pulled out. Finding one would be a real valuable find! I have Jard in my Coopers and am happy with the 10 oz spring.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken158 View Post
From my research, there were Timney triggers back in time but the powers to be got mad at each other and Timney pulled out. Finding one would be a real valuable find! I have Jard in my Coopers and am happy with the 10 oz spring.
Ken I heard that about Jewel triggers.

Hal
Old 08-10-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Ken I heard that about Jewel triggers.

Hal
Yeah - Jewel and Timney is what I heard. When I ordered a Cooper a few years back I talked with a guy there by the name of Ford (first name I think) who told me the story. He also told me about the target trigger coming....
Old 08-10-2013, 01:21 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken158 View Post
Yeah - Jewel and Timney is what I heard. When I ordered a Cooper a few years back I talked with a guy there by the name of Ford (first name I think) who told me the story. He also told me about the target trigger coming....

So was that back when Dan Cooper was involved with the company, if it was perhaps the new owners couldn't see the point in a target trigger.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 AM

I have a TPR 22 rimfire target with a jueal on it . I was told by the man behind the target 22 that 6 went out be for the fall out with jueal and Cooper. I have used jarid on my 38 s but now just a just the Coopers down .
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM

I was personally told by two Cooper employees last year about their BR trigger coming "soon". I talked to the person (Mike) who was actually working on the design and execution.

Now that this much time has passed, and the new comments from Cooper now known, it's my personal belief that the company liability lawyers have become involved, and scared the crap out of the management in regard to releasing a "dangerous" trigger to the masses. We've seen similar things in the past.

Anyone know a lawyer who knows ANYTHING about triggers? Me neither.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:14 PM

While this is not the news we had been hoping for, at least we now know not to wait for the triggers to be released.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:25 PM

I know that in the "old days" , at least one Dealer got his hands on Jewel Triggers and installed them on existing Coopers . I watched him do it . I'm not sure about the skill of this guy , and think this was one of the reasons Mr. Jewel got ticked off because of complaints he was getting . I have also seen a few Jewels on other Rifle Brands which did not "feel" that good , so I'm thinking there is some skill required to set them up correctly . I have measured and "felt" the Triggers on dozens of Coopers for my friends . Some can be adjusted safely below 16 Oz. , but most Ive seen can not . I have a Jewel / Cooper and was offered a Factory Trigger plus a big pile of Bucks just for the Jewel Trigger , but after dry-firing it a few times , I decided to keep it . Don't know if that was a wise choice or not .