Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Supporting Member

Here is my Weaver repair story; About 3 years ago I purchased a used Grand Slam off of E-Bay. It arrived and looked practically new. I put it away until I needed it. Mounted it and headed to the range. It would not focus no matter what I did. I contacted Weaver Repair and got the required repair number and shipped it to them stating that I had purchased it used and to let me know the charges for repair. A few days later I received notification that the scope was not repairable and according to the serial number had been previously returned and put in their "trash bin". I questioned how it was back on the market if it had been condemned and scraped. I never did receive an answer. I contacted the E-Bay seller ,a Pawn Shop, surprise!. They denied any knowledge of the transaction until I provided proof. Contacted the local police and they said "we deal with that shop frequently" but they would not investigate. To shorten the story, Weaver offered me a new Grand Slam at VIP pricing which I purchased. I do like the new smaller version of the Grand Slam and have purchased another new one. I don't think I will purchase any more used ones from E-Bay!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
That's what I figured, so I just threw it in a drawer. Figure someday I'll take it apart for fun, then throw the pieces away.
May want to contact L&K Scope Repair. Never had them do any repair work, but did sell them a couple of old Weavers for parts. If I recall correctly, the owner used to work with Bill Weaver.

http://www.lkscoperepair.com/