Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 02-03-2023, 09:54 PM

Default Gunville Stocks

Hi fellow members.
I'm considering ordering a stock from GUNVILLE STOCKS for my Rem788 which has been rebarreled from a 22-250 to now a 20-250Ackley

GUNVILLE inletts for this action, offers upgrade to higher quality wood also willing to leave extra wood in place on the pistol grip for me to finish myself since I want a vertical shaped tactical grip similar to a McMillan Game Warden. Their stock duplicator only does conventional hunting rifle grips.

If you have a GUNVILLE Stock product please post a picture and experience.
Thanks guys !

Last edited by AlbertaAl; 02-04-2023 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:52 PM

They are extremely nice guys to deal with.

I have been quite happy with the stocks I have bought from them, but I was not pleased with the grain running across the wrist on both stocks in this thread. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threa...1260663/page-2

That is the only issue I have ever had with a stock blank form them.

I could have returned them and had them replace them, but liked them real well otherwise. We set them up on my radial arm drill press and drilled a blind hole 5/8 down form the tang with a Forstner bit and set a piece of oak dowel in each using Devcon High Strength Epoxy. They are bomb proof now.

What I would do is give them a call and let them know that you cannot have that and I think you will be pleased with what they deliver. They also carve Model 43 Winchester stocks and we have three or four and they are very nice indeed.
Old 02-14-2023, 05:43 PM

from the photo of the two rifles standing vertically appears that the woodgrain runs lengthwise ...am I looking at the photo correctly ?

I'd be happy with either of the wood on those stocks
Old 02-16-2023, 05:07 PM

I feel that I have always gotten my money's worth and more when paying for wood upgrade with Gunville. They have been solid folks to deal with.