Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McNeill View Post
I do have the Predator Model 7 Remington so I may need to rethink how I can correct the trigger issues.
I purchased a Remington M7 Predator that the previous owner had replaced with a Rifle Basix trigger. Don't know how hard it was to install but when I had the action out of the the stock I did not notice any material being removed to fit it. Was not specifically looking for any but none was obvious. Good luck, Dave
Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default Several years ago...

..Pruson bought a Predator M7 with the new trigger. This trigger either is excellent or impossible. Sonny's was impossible. Replacing it with a Rifle Basix was easy, PROVIDED you could get one of the old style safety levers. I was able to order one from Brownells for Sonny, but within weeks, the old safety levers for the M7 were gone. RB didn't change it's Remington replacement trigger for the M7/M700, but did have a replacement safety lever built for the 700, but not the M7. I don't think they are making one for the M7 yet, and I doubt if Shilen is making one, either.

Sonny "mentored" me into buying a Predator M7 and the new trigger on mine was excellent. Don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been. Did make me really leary of Remingtons, however.

Alex
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM

Do you have the X-mark trigger that adjusts for weight of pull using the screw in the trigger or the regular X-mark.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
Do you have the X-mark trigger that adjusts for weight of pull using the screw in the trigger or the regular X-mark.
I really don't know what I have!! There are no markings on the trigger, it has the bolt release in the trigger so I'm guessing that it is post 2006. The front adjusting screws have a clear epoxy over them but it appears to have an adjustment screw in the rear of the housing. Anyone have a guess on whether it's a X-mark or not?
Regards,

Joe McNeill
Old 09-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Google " How to adjust X mark pro triggers" Plenty of info there, including pics.
KB.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Joe- If you bought the Model 7 Preditor, then I am guessing you will be hunting with it. I don't know what you are used to hunting with, but a 3lb trigger is plenty light if like me you wear gloves during the winter. I have never seen a Remington trigger that could not be adjusted easily down to that weight, although I have heard that they can't on this board. I have the old style trigger, X-mark pro and the X-mark pro adjustable and all are easily adjustable to a fine 3 lbs. They can be taken lighter, but then you need to have a better understanding of how the trigger works.
I would suggest taking the rifle to a good gunsmith and he will work wonders on it and it should be cheaper than a new one. I will leave you with one last piece of info. The internet is a great tool, but full of misinformation. I was taught how to adjust my own triggers by a gunsmith and there is a big difference between a DIY trigger job and one done by a qualified gunsmith.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 PM

For sure, I'm no qualified gunsmith and for sure I can safely adjust an adjustable trigger.

If anyone's found misinformation on the internet about adjusting triggers it could be helpful to others (non qualified gunsmiths) to share it.
Ken.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaz View Post
Joe- If you bought the Model 7 Preditor, then I am guessing you will be hunting with it. I don't know what you are used to hunting with, but a 3lb trigger is plenty light if like me you wear gloves during the winter. I have never seen a Remington trigger that could not be adjusted easily down to that weight, although I have heard that they can't on this board. I have the old style trigger, X-mark pro and the X-mark pro adjustable and all are easily adjustable to a fine 3 lbs. They can be taken lighter, but then you need to have a better understanding of how the trigger works.
I would suggest taking the rifle to a good gunsmith and he will work wonders on it and it should be cheaper than a new one. I will leave you with one last piece of info. The internet is a great tool, but full of misinformation. I was taught how to adjust my own triggers by a gunsmith and there is a big difference between a DIY trigger job and one done by a qualified gunsmith.
I'll take a look at it but your right I'm looking for a 3 lb. trigger for a walking around rifle. I don't want something I don't consider safe in the field and I know my level of expertise.
Thanks