Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2020, 02:07 AM
Supporting Member

Default Very much OT. I'm free! I'm free!

With Saubier being pretty much the only forum that I visit with any degree of frequency, I have to express my jubilation somewhere.

It is a firearm, but not small caliber and not a rifle. In a moment of weakness last fall I purchased a SIG P365 SAS. That was a $600 mistake. I have finally rid myself of it once and for all. No longer a member of this household.

Point of impact at 5 yds, 3-4 inches left of point aim. Not with just one ammo type or a single user. Multiple loads, a half a dozen experienced shooters, same result, repeated, over and over. Several phone calls and even more emails back and forth with the customer service dept. PHHT! Complete waste of time, energy, and breath.

SIG's performance standard per their email back to me. "Put the shots somewhere on a full size silhouette at 5-7yds."

Who, or what firearm even needs sights to accomplish that.

Gone, Sold, Adiose, Don't let the door hit you in butt on way out. Make like a hockey player and get the puck out of here, Or more appropriate, a horse turd and hit the road.

I am free, finally free.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Michael
Old 04-04-2020, 02:51 AM

Michael: A person has to enjoy and feel very comfortable with any handgun. They must meet your standards and this one did not, so down the road it goes, to be replaced with what you fully enjoy. BIll K
Old 04-04-2020, 03:47 AM

I feel the SIG movement is more in direct response to the fact that the .gov is running SIG's now. I haven't been a fan of them since they shyed away from steel frames.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:26 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Not a Sig, still a bad doings imo.

Month ago Sportsman's warehouse had a flyer in the paper
"spring gun sale" S&W airweight $399.99.
I bought one and some other stuff.

Today's flyer had the same gun: $369.99 grrrrrrrrrr!

I just may not go back, at least not soon.
This was the first time I'd been in the store.

What's your comments?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 04-04-2020, 01:15 PM

George: Sometimes that is just how things occur. Personally you bought what you wanted at the time and must have been happy.
So, just because the cards fell, as they did and it was around 30.00 less a few months later, he are still happy with the snubby, so keep enjoying and do not fret that amount of money.. Heck don't we all flirt away at least that amount on other things, all the time ? Bill K
Old 04-04-2020, 02:13 PM

Good comment, Bill K. about personal preferences on the feel of handguns. The grip and your hand size makes all the difference in the world, both in the feel and the ability to shoot it well. Personally, I don't like the feel of Glocks, Lugers and High Standard 22lrs, many other folks love them.

Too bad the P365 didn't work for the OP. I really like my German SIG P228, and it is not much larger, but works great.
also like 1911s with flat mainspring housing.

Last edited by TinMan; 04-04-2020 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo and added info
Old 04-04-2020, 03:38 PM

I've settled on a brand made right here in the USA....Kimber. The collection has grown to nine so far with one rifle in the mix, an 84M Varmint in 204.

No plastic guns in the house, just won't have it. I trained and carried an old 1911A1 while deployed in a tanker chest rig in the boats in Vietnam(radioman), but my Kimbers resemble the old girl in platform only. With a load 8 + 1 Double Tap 185gr Gold Dots aboard, I'm prepared for any social situation (at least in my mind...). I'll take the 1911 every time. Old ways die hard.

The EDC; Kimber Super Carry Ultra + .45 ACP (full length grip frame, round butt, 3" Officer's upper):

Shown with my 'range gun', Kimber Aegis Elite Custom 9mm with Vortex Venom 6 MOA MRDS.

One of my sons is the western LE Mgr for SIG, but only one SIG in the house, a P938 9mm. We'll keep it that way....for now anyway.

Last edited by Rick in Oregon; 04-04-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:20 PM

My nightstand gun is a 45 ACP SIG P220 with CT grips.
It's a retired LE sidearm with holster wear, but its 100% reliable, has a fantastic trigger and out shoots my Series 80 Gold Cup. It replaced a CZ75 BD that also has CT grips, but the trigger makes it more challenging to shoot under duress.
The SIG 365 may be the mongrel of the litter, but others are just fine.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:39 PM
Supporting Member

I'm a huge fan of the 1911 platform from several different manufacturers, and I have a stable full of them including several full customs. My fondness for the 1911 began with a Colt Gold Cup purchased way back in the early to mid 1970's.

That said, I own more than just a couple of the high capacity "plastic guns" and I have found them to be reliable, durable, and very accurate. Calibers include 380 Auto in several pocket size guns, 40 S&W, 357 Sig, 9MM, and 45 ACP. Having 14 rounds (13+1) of 45 ACP in a holster filled with a Springfield Arms XD 4.0 would be very reassuring if I found myself in a real bind. Hopefully I'll never have to find out, but still it would be my first choice if I thought that I might need it.........

The only one of the entire bunch that didn't satisfactorily shoot to point of aim right from the box is a Kimber Ultra CDP that shot 3-4" high at 7 yards. A good smith and a few dollars for a better barrel got it totally on target. Money well spent at the time.

There's definitely room for both types of handguns at my house. I'm an equal opportunity type of dude if they perform well

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-06-2020, 06:42 PM

Talking about accuracy goals, a close friend of mine bought a Remington .338 Win. Mag. some time back in the 90's I think it was. He will not own a rifle that does not shoot into an inch at 100 yards, and this one shot 2 1/2" to 3" with every load he tried. He contacted Remington and they told him he was getting better than their standard, which was 5" and he should be happy with the results.
He sold the rifle and will never buy another Remington.
I know guys have accurate Remingtons. His wasn't.