Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-24-2020, 05:05 AM
Supporting Member

Default I use to not like coming here.....

Because of all the purchase mentors would twist my arm until I bought something.... Now I am not liking it cause I come here, see someone in need of a carbine 17AH contender barrel and not only offer up one if mine.... But spend the next couple weeks looking for it... it didn’t bother me so much when I didn’t even realize that I wasn’t aware of where it’s at... now I find myself aimlessly wondering around in circles looking in the same spots with the same results (what do they calm they lol). I knew I shouldn’t have remodeled my reloading room! Get organized and can’t find anything lol
Old 02-24-2020, 05:38 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Gary, that's exactly the reason I just leave
things where I set 'em down last. They'll
be there when I get back to it.
Helps to be single, living alone and not having
others move things around.

Been having a housekeeper in most of the last year
helping while I've been crippled up with this knee.
First thing everyone of 'em do is put things where
THEY want 'em, not where I've had 'em the last 45 years.
Damned irritating.
What's so hard about putting things right back where they
found it even if they washed it?

Then the perfume that attacks my airways. I've run several off
within 30 seconds or a couple minutes because I can't breathe.
Had a sub come in Friday that wasn't in long enough to tell me her
name til I told her to leave and leave the door wide open on the way
out. Talk about a shocked look on their faces!

Going in circle's huh? What have you been drinking?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-24-2020, 02:00 PM

I hear you on the perfumes and such. About 40 years ago, I was on a business trip to central California, and when I got back to my hotel after a full days work, the maid had cleaned the room, and used such strong smelling cleaners, it set off a reaction in my lungs and sinuses that it put me into the emergency room for five or six hours on oxygen. We changed hotels and had many words with the first hotel's manager.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:27 PM

My house smells like I have dogs and garden soil, summers like a produce stand, A smokers house smells like an ash tray, My uncles house smells like cow crap yep he has a dairy.... What is wrong with people that they cant stand the smell of them selves ??? don't get it and don't want perfumes.

Oh yaeh GL, I found if there is a doorway between the areas I search when I go through one I cant remember what I was doing until I go back through... doesn't last though I forget when I go through again. Keeps me from getting rid of too much stuff I guess.

I have a real nice 17Mach II contender barrel for sale, bought it to shoot squirrels on one guys dads property, After I got it and ready to go I called him a dozen times and never got a reply, One day I called him from a different phone number he answered kind of shocked when he figured out it was me !!
Needless to say still unfired by me, And still haven't found it, I seem to find something else first.

You want to buy it ?
Old 02-24-2020, 06:05 PM
Supporting Member

Well my wife is a perfectionist who has to have things a certain way... So it works for her... otherwise my stuff isn’t really that important lol so after seeing her my my stuff around after so many years I just accepted it... I think she is learning that if she picks up all my stuff and puts it in a pile it’ll be at least 30 days before I even think about looking in that pile and I don’t care what’s in it or how important it is... I just politely ignore it until I’m over it and am in the mood LOL

That said I’m am very bad at thinking I have some time to go shoot then something else gets my attention so I set something up for a while in a safe place only to forget about it... it’s tuff having a poor memory but I get by...

Is that 17HM2 barrel a TC or custom? I already have one TC to shoot and another that is made into a 17 squirrel. Unfortunately they are both in the gun safe on the shelf along with my rimmed 17 Mach IV, my 17 Wenzl special and the 17 Jet. Beyond crazy thinking what the heck I did with it lol and now has me wondering what else am I missing 😂
Old 03-01-2020, 06:50 PM

Gary, sorry been dealing with computer, bank and just stuff, Barrel is a TC barrel I bought it as is, I believe it was a 23" barrel cut to 17" ?? it is blue made in NH, could be wrong but no custom shop or special build engraving, very nice crown looks like a custom shop crown