Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-01-2021, 07:10 PM
Supporting Member

Default CZ 527 Americans

Do these still come with rings? I know the Varmints don't and it seems like there are conflicting accounts of the new ones coming out.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Default 527

I just bought a new varmint. It did not come with any bases or rings.
After hearing of problems with the bolts not clearing a scope I decided to buy a DIP pic rail so I could use rings of different heights as needed.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Supporting Member

I did as gopher and put DIP products pic rails on my 2 and use medium Burris Signature rings with 40mm front end scope. I also replaced the bolt handles with extended models with large knobs and love those, too. Can't remember the brand right now; they are in FL. There was a thread about the bolt handles recently.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:50 PM

Chuck, I have seen crazy issues with CZ 527 Americans also, and it might just feel how the individual dealer feels that day. Bought first one back in 2005, and my LGS gave me a decent price. I ordered it and when it came in, it wound up with real nice wood, so I just paid what he asked. It was supposed to come with rings, but they charged me $40 for the rings in addition. I knew the answer, but never went back to that shop again though.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Chuck, I have seen crazy issues with CZ 527 Americans also, and it might just feel how the individual dealer feels that day. Bought first one back in 2005, and my LGS gave me a decent price. I ordered it and when it came in, it wound up with real nice wood, so I just paid what he asked. It was supposed to come with rings, but they charged me $40 for the rings in addition. I knew the answer, but never went back to that shop again though.
My CZ527 came with rings, the base is built in on CZ'z, as for the extended bolt handles. Either Calhoon or Glade's Armory in FL have good one's. Bill K
Old 08-02-2021, 12:44 AM
Supporting Member

Yes, Glades Armory. Thanks Bill
Old 08-02-2021, 12:54 AM

I have seen for years, since the 527s first started being "a thing" here, that some talked about getting rings with their rifles, and some talked about not getting rings. When I bought two CZ 527 Lux (all that you could get then), I never got rings. When I bought a used LH American, I got CZ rings with it. Whether those came with it as new, or not, I do not know. I wish I could see what the updated CZ bolt handle looks like compared to the original. I do not know which I have on the LH American.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I wish I could see what the updated CZ bolt handle looks like compared to the original. I do not know which I have on the LH American.
They pretty much look identical to one another with the exception of the newer version bolt handle where the forked end that fits down in the bolt body isn't as tall on the newer style so it sits tighter to the bolt body.

I probably did a terrible job of explaining the difference and if I could post pics here I have one showing the difference but that doesn't seem to work for me so best I can offer is I could text you one.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:06 AM

Years ago the 527's with sights did not come with rings (Luxes and Carbines), those without did, many dealers would remove the rings and sell them separately...that's on the dealer not CZ. Around 2015 the bolt handles were slimmed somewhat to give better scope clearance, it helped. I've owned 10 CZ 527's and still have 7 and have never seen a need for a rail on one, whatever works for you though. Never saw the need to complicate the scope mounting process.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
Years ago the 527's with sights did not come with rings (Luxes and Carbines), those without did, many dealers would remove the rings and sell them separately...that's on the dealer not CZ. Around 2015 the bolt handles were slimmed somewhat to give better scope clearance, it helped. I've owned 10 CZ 527's and still have 7 and have never seen a need for a rail on one, whatever works for you though. Never saw the need to complicate the scope mounting process.
Agree, with either calhoon, BKL or Leupold rings available for various heights, and the proper rings fitting the action groves, no reason for a rail, just added weight and attachments to a fine rifle set up.
Some other rifles, use the same type of base cut/fitting and rings and have worked just fine for years and on some very well made firearms.