Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 01-31-2018, 02:25 PM

Default 20VT Cooper M38 @ Cabelas

Cooper Model 38 Montana Varminter in 20 Vartarg with Zeiss 5-25X50mm scope for sale at Cabelas for $1650.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100980454

Also for sale is a M21 in 20TAC with a great looking stock and a Zeiss scope for $1650.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100980437

Plus a M21 in 204 Ruger with a Zeiss scope for $1650.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100980428

PS: Prices seem too low. Cabelas website shows the same prices. Typo?

Last edited by JohnHenry; 01-31-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:26 PM

That was a dream...the guy said they were all gone within 1/2 hr yesterday.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:28 PM

Default Coopers

Yep just called and "already gone" was the reply. Loved the prices, just no availablity
Old 01-31-2018, 04:32 PM

With $1,000 scopes sitting atop each one.............it would be CRAZY if they lasted more than 30 min.

I knew they had to be gone, even though Cabelas Website said "Available"

I was just about to call

I was just in Cabelas Boise, IDAHO yesterday. Too bad they didn't have deals like these. Cabelas is funny like that. I've scored some nice rifles at times from that Gun Library. Don't know why their pricing is so inconsistent. But, sure nice when you find "the deal"
Old 01-31-2018, 08:51 PM

Default Cabelas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminweasil View Post
With $1,000 scopes sitting atop each one.............it would be CRAZY if they lasted more than 30 min.

I knew they had to be gone, even though Cabelas Website said "Available"

I was just about to call

I was just in Cabelas Boise, IDAHO yesterday. Too bad they didn't have deals like these. Cabelas is funny like that. I've scored some nice rifles at times from that Gun Library. Don't know why their pricing is so inconsistent. But, sure nice when you find "the deal"

I have a very good friend that works in the reloading department, he tells me each individual Gun Library manager prices at their store. That would account for the price variations.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Arner View Post
I have a very good friend that works in the reloading department, he tells me each individual Gun Library manager prices at their store. That would account for the price variations.

I imagine so, but, I've seen tremendous deals and horrible deals all from the same Cabelas store gun library, on the same day. Just seems like they don't know what the heck there doing. (atleast at the Cabelas closest to where I live, which is several hours away in a different state).

But, like I said, nice when you find good deals. I've found a few, and those Coopers that sold in Nebraska were obviously steals.

Take a look at what else they have in Nebraska and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Good deals and horrible deals.

I wonder if they sell them for cheap when they come in from an estate or some poor widow who doesn't know what she's got. I mean, who the hell would be trading in those coopers to Cabelas anyway. Gotta be from an Estate where the people turning in probably got robbed from Cabelas and thus Cabelas made an awfully swift profit.

Anyone of the three Coopers listed above would have sold for the Cabelas asking price.............without the Zeiss scopes.
Only makes sense if they paid next to nothing for them, just my opinion.

Here is a prime example of a HORRIBLE deal..........from the same Cabelas. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. All I know is, Cabelas gun library pricing is all over the place, from great to horrific from the same stores.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/gun-l...dsPerPage%3D40

Last edited by Screaminweasil; 01-31-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:50 PM

Yes, they were all from same estate sale. Can’t blame anybody here...I’m sure widow was happy to get rid of them...Cabelas made a nice quick turnaround profit...and you can be sure that three customers were happy. Win all around. Early bird gets the worm.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:05 PM

The wood on the Tac20 was something else !
Old 02-01-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring View Post
The wood on the Tac20 was something else !
Yeah, you are not going to find wood like that on any new Cooper rifle these days unless you pay though the nose. AA+ my rear end. That was exhibition grade wood.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM

So believe it or not I’m actually sitting in Sidney as we speak spending overnite on business. Yesterday evening I went to the gun rack and saw 4 Coopers sitting there. All sold! The most impressive was a Model 21 chambered in 17 Mach IV with a Leupold sitting on top. It had some stunning wood. $1249. Sold. The only blemish I found on the entire rifle was from my slobber.

A few hours late or it would have followed me home.

Things simply aren’t good in Sidney though. The Bass Pro buyout has taken its toll on employees now. This small community depended on Cabela’s and agriculture. People are being cut loose or resigned to less lucrative salaries and aren’t happy is my take. The town itself seems to be boycotting the business entirely. This came from an actual employee in discussion with him. A sad deal for many of them. At 7:00 pm we were the ONLY customer vehicle in the entire parking lot. Inside was like a ghost town.