Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 04-01-2022, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1885 View Post
Nobody using CFE Black?
I picked up a lb to try in the 17 HH

We have been using AA1680 in them

Picked up a lb of AA2460 for the 20 Practical. Tried from 26.0 to 27.8 gr with 32 gr V-max and it looks like I may have struck gold. The rifle has about a 4 lb trigger on it and 26 inches of barrel and the cases were not fire formed. Shooting into just over half inch five shot groups with it. The rifle is for my kids, so the trigger is going to stay right where it is for now. Benchmark was giving me nice groups too, but dropping the fired cases into a Wilson gauge, it’s obvious the 2460 is giving lower max pressures than the Benchmark at the top end of both powders. I’m stretched pretty thin right now and did not have time to set up the chronographs, but they should be about the same velocity.

We have a trip to Montana and then PBR bull riding weekend coming up and then it’s time to shoot chucks through the first weekend of June and I’m inclined to go with the 2460 and call it good for this season. During chuck season I don’t have the luxury of getting any range work done.

Mid June through the first weekend of August are the only opportunity I have every year to get serious range work accomplished. The CFE BLK will sit here until mid June when I get the chance to give it a try.