Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Supporting Member

Default 600 barrel system

My understanding is that the switch barrel design has a problem with the design/method that the barrel is secured. There's a possibility that the barrel can move, creating an unsafe situation. No one has been injured but CZ is being proactive and recalling all 600's and permanently installing the barrels. There are no loose barrels in the system yet as they are all being used for current production. In the meantime prices on 527's are through the roof.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:45 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHasty View Post
The whole 600 thing doesn't do a thing for me. I had plans to pick up a few more 527s in the coming years. This leaves CZ/BRNO w/o having a rifle for Hornet based cartridges for the first time in many decades. At least since ~1968. The 600 is totally unsuited to magazine feeding rimmed cartridges.
Brno/CZ has had the 22 Hornet in their lineup since about 1946, first the ZKW 465, which was developed into the Fox, then the Fox II which subsequently became the 527.
Right from the start the ZKW 465, Fox & Fox II had double set triggers with twin trigger levers, while the 527 had the single set trigger.

The early Brno's, ZKW 465 and the rimfire model 1 have excellent reputations for accuracy, quality, fit and finish, which slipped in the latter models.

Saying that I should've bought more L/H 527's when they were available.

Kiwi
Old 05-15-2022, 06:20 AM

I have a BRNO #1 22LR sporting rifle, it’s old and it is extremely accurate. I don’t know exactly how accurate it is because the trigger is a bit heavy. If I adjust it down it fires when the safety is moved to the fire position. I have a buddy that is in love with it. It’s got a real classy old German 4 power scope on it too. IIRC it has an oddball integral size scope mounting setup. I haven’t shot it in a while.

Back in the 90,s I was attempting to get a BRNO Hornet out of Canada, I finally gave up after putting a lot of effort into it.