Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-05-2022, 01:48 PM

I am still kind of lost, with the shoulder angel. You say Kiff changed it slightly, yet you mention you are content with leaving the 222 should angle the same, with no change. Or am I reading it wrong, with your post ?
Old 08-05-2022, 06:55 PM

Sorry for making this confusing. When I said "he" I meant Kindler changed the shoulder. I left my cartridge as is except for the neck. All you need with mine is a 222 Redding S-Type die with bushings and your ready to reload.

One of the reasons I love the 222 case is, that's what I used the most growing up hunting fox, woodchucks and whatever else that needed blasted. Quality brass is normally available also.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Drifter View Post
Sorry for making this confusing. When I said "he" I meant Kindler changed the shoulder. I left my cartridge as is except for the neck. All you need with mine is a 222 Redding S-Type die with bushings and your ready to reload.

One of the reasons I love the 222 case is, that's what I used the most growing up hunting fox, woodchucks and whatever else that needed blasted. Quality brass is normally available also.
Thank you, now I got it straight in my old brain. I also like the 222 Rem case, started shooting one way back with a old Savage 340 and it was darn accurate with a good load of 4895 in the fifties on many critters I shot.
Now I am playing with the case, but forming it into the 20 VTT, which is one sweet shooting beast and easy to work with, in all aspects. In this CZ 527 I put together it is an easy and very nice walk about rifle.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jbuts

grey wolf
i am interested in your method of forming brass,have done about 20 of the 20 vartarg,20 practical rifles and have 8 customers looking into the 20 extreme because vartarg brass made from 221 fireball is all but gone.20 extreme seams to fill the void for the vartarg,the 20-222/20vtt/the 20 extreme looks the better of them all.run through sizer,trim,prime,
load and start having fun