Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-07-2022, 02:22 AM

Default Refinishing black aluminum trigger guards?

I have a couple ADL trigger guards that are pretty rough, but will clean up nicely. I知 going to use them on my 580 Remington conversions. I知 thinking that having them black powder coated might not be a bad idea, or maybe black Cerakoat. Perhaps somebody has a better idea than those options.

I have a bit of work to do on them along the way. Dennis Olson drilled and tapped the receivers for a second action screw in front of the trigger, so I will need to drill out the wood screw hole in the front of the guards larger and modify the countersink to mate up with the head on the action screw. I知 also going to have to deal with the large hole in the rear of the guards if I知 not going to end up with a cobbled together, Charlie Foxtrot of a makeshift disaster looking mess from hell there. I知 thinking of having them welded up and then dress them down before redrilling and countersinking them to take proper blued wood screws.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:15 PM

Have used Aluma-hyde from Brownells on quite a few aluminum piece parts with very good success and has proven to be pretty durable also.

Trigger guards are simple.

Powder coat and cerakote are very good options, but for less than $20 a can of aluma-hyde will last a long time. It is easy to use and the results are impressive.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:51 PM

That痴 one option I forgot about. Thanks for the reminder.