Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-07-2020, 07:52 PM

Default CZ 527 trigger ?

Any experience with the Rifle Basix trigger for the CZ 527? Good or bad.
Adjusts down to 12 OZ. which is more than I want but there are not many options out there. I would like to get it down around 7 or 8 OZ. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks. Dan
Old 03-07-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdan View Post
Any experience with the Rifle Basix trigger for the CZ 527? Good or bad.
Adjusts down to 12 OZ. which is more than I want but there are not many options out there. I would like to get it down around 7 or 8 OZ. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks. Dan
Timney's trigger for the CZ 550 also works on the 527. When I had one it adjusted down around 1 pound. If you have the M1 bottom metal you may have to remove a little metal if I remember correctly.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:55 PM
Supporting Member

If you adjust the set trigger on the 527 properly you can get it down to a couple of ounces with a crisp release. The triggers are highly adjustable and someone that knows what they are doing can get it to be fAR better than the RB. It only takes a bit of time and effort to learn how to do a great job on them yourself, if you are even a little mechanically inclined. I have an RB on a couple of CZs that came like that and they are not near as good as the factory triggers I set up properly. I also have the Yodave and RB on a couple of 452s. On the 452 the RB is a big improvement, even over the Yodave tuned version of the factory trigger.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-07-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:59 PM

I used the set trigger on the CZ527 and had it set down pretty well. But went to the Rifle Basix trigger at the suggestion of a shooting buddy and it is working very well, sets down light and with a very crisp break. Believe you would like it over the set system. Very easy to install yourself, just follow the instructions. Bill K
Old 03-07-2020, 09:26 PM

I'm not a real big fan of using the set trigger on my CZ 527's. Pushing the trigger forward to set it, causes me to upset the gun to much for my liking, but, I still wanted a light trigger so I installed new James Calhoon pull weight springs in every CZ 527 I've ever owned and usually set them right around 10oz without using the set trigger. With his spring you can adjust it much lower, but 10oz is light enough for me.

James Calhoon always has them in stock and only charges you a couple bucks and he'll get them sent out right away. With a small flat head screwdriver and a pick it's pretty easy to get the factory spring out. The new spring from James is much smaller in diameter and goes back in through the adjusting screw hole. Only takes a few mintues and basic tools to make the swap.

A clean, crisp, no pretravel break comes by adjusting the sear engagement. Just be careful not to get so little sear engagement that it won't reset, or worse, will slam fire when you close the bolt or bump fire when the rifle is cocked and is bumped causing it to go off on its own.

Last edited by B23; 03-07-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:18 PM

Default Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
I used the set trigger on the CZ527 and had it set down pretty well. But went to the Rifle Basix trigger at the suggestion of a shooting buddy and it is working very well, sets down light and with a very crisp break. Believe you would like it over the set system. Very easy to install yourself, just follow the instructions. Bill K

Thanks bill. Can the RB trigger be adjusted lower just by changing the spring or is 12 OZ about it.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:20 PM

Default trigger

I don’t have a problem adjusting the set trigger in fact all 6 of my cz’s set triggers are set about 8 0z.The problem is, my hands are very small and with all of my cz’s wearing thumbhole stocks, my finger can’t reach around the trigger in the set position. I am actually pulling from the side of the trigger. Even when the trigger is not set it is still a tad uncomfortable. One of them has the bic lighter spring in it but that is still 16-17 oz pull. I will get a hold of James and see how far down his spring will allow.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the response. Dan
Old 03-08-2020, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks bill. Can the RB trigger be adjusted lower just by changing the spring or is 12 OZ about it.
With the lighter spring, I am sure it will go lower. But I only set mine around the 12 oz mark and stopped. It feels very good too me, right there. Bill K
Old 03-08-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I don’t have a problem adjusting the set trigger in fact all 6 of my cz’s set triggers are set about 8 0z.The problem is, my hands are very small and with all of my cz’s wearing thumbhole stocks, my finger can’t reach around the trigger in the set position. I am actually pulling from the side of the trigger. Even when the trigger is not set it is still a tad uncomfortable. One of them has the bic lighter spring in it but that is still 16-17 oz pull. I will get a hold of James and see how far down his spring will allow.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the response. Dan
The Timney trigger has more of a c shape and sits closer to your finger than the factory trigger. It may help your reaching for the trigger problem.

Last edited by 218bee; 03-08-2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-08-2020, 04:52 PM

That was another reason I don't really care for using the set trigger, it pushes the blade to far forward and puts it in a odd position for me.