Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-08-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
That was another reason I don't really care for using the set trigger, it pushes the blade to far forward and puts it in a odd position for me.
Here are two pictures I took of the difference in position between the factory trigger and Timney triggers.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Supporting Member

Sounds like a lotta different ways around the barn. Put me down with the adjust em myself block. I have a fair number of 527's and after a bit of practice using CZ's instruction and using a right index finger gauge I have perfected for more years then I care to admit, followed by a few pulls with an RCBS Premium Trigger Pull Gauge I have em right where I like em. Set they break right at a pound and unset they break right at 2 pounds. A couple of them are better than the rest and they were done by James Calhoon himself back when he would do triggers for $35.00 which he quit doing quite some time ago, there is no set on them and while beautiful triggers they are actually to light for my tastes for driving around in pastures hunting out of a pickup truck window.
Truth be told I don't usually like messing with triggers, I'm a shooter and a reloader and in no way a gunsmith, only triggers I adjust are CZ's and Coopers. Stocks I work with some but then wood never killed anyone that I know of.

Lastly and not to start a Flame-out Hi-jack because I know there are vast and varied opinions on this, But! One thing I do on the 527s is use an incredibly small amount of Moly-Slide moly grease applied with a toothpick on the edge of the sear. Removes any gritty, creep feel in the pull, very crisp and clean break.
My 2 cents worth wich is actually worth something less then 2 actual cents .
Old 03-08-2020, 09:20 PM

I guess I have been really lucky, but only have two CZ 527's, one in 221FB and a 22 Hornet. I bought the 221FB back about 2004 when they were first available. The trigger came with a 2.5 lb unset and a 12 oz set. The Hornet is a little heavier, but didn't change anything on it except clean and lube it. I do have the RCBS trigger scale to measure things on several rifles, but don't make them too light.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:38 AM

Default timney

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the timney trigger is a lot farther back. That would be a lot more comfortable for me. Was the picture of the factory trigger in the set position?
Dan
Old 03-10-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperdan View Post
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the timney trigger is a lot farther back. That would be a lot more comfortable for me. Was the picture of the factory trigger in the set position?
Dan
The picture of the factory trigger is in the un-set position. It is quite a difference and why I posted the pictures. I hope it helps because length of pulls which are a tad too long are worse to me than those a tad too short.