Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben lurkin View Post
I’ve a sako L461 in 223 and saw one for sale recently in a FB configuration. Does the FB case feed out of the mag box well in those? I’m trying to keep this in the 6-7# range less optics & mounts. I really like mine in 223.

I’ve had a few CZ 527s. I’m down to one in 17 hornet currently. I’m considering this as the base gun pretty hard right now but the safety is backwards as most of you know already.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Howa Mini? $1500 or so is what I’m trying to stay within but willing to go more if necessary.
I think that Howa and CZ are similar. However, CZ wins out because there are a number of aftermarket stocks, fine factory trigger, quality metal magazines, and gunsmiths familiar with working on them. Howa has been plagued with QC issues around their plastic magazines, with touchy reliability for feeding rounds. There are some threads on the Howa Mini-actions challenges. I keep waiting for an aftermarket metal magazine so that I can pull my Howa Mini out if its box and start shooting it.