Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-31-2014, 02:54 AM

Default Ejector Removal

Own a Cooper M21 in 20VT, sweet firearm. I have a question of how to remove the ejector from the bolt. As soon as the case clears the chamber, the ejector spring is so strong that it causes the case to cant to the inside edge of the action causing a scratched case before clearing the action opening. Anyone know how to remove the ejector, I appears to be held in by a pin but I am not able to remove the pin with the correct sized pin punch. I prefer my brass to stay on the bolt and removed by hand.
Thanks for any insight,
Killnstick.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:58 PM

if I recall correctly it's held in with a very small socket head screw--not a pin. Of course, yours may be different so take a close look before attempting to drive it out.
Bob.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 PM

Imagine the pressure of that ejector on a chambered case! If the case is a little loose in the chamber it will be off center for sure! I remove ALL ejectors for this reason and because I don' t like looking for cases in the weeds/grass while varminting.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:06 AM
Supporting Member

I've removed ejector plungers on all six of my Coopers (21s and 22s) for the same reason. I filed the point off a finish nail forming a blunt flat surface (make sure it will be a slip fit) then drifted the roll-pin out with a series of light hammer taps. Think I've also used the shank end of a 1/16 drill bit as a pin punch on occasion. Be sure to secure the bolt in a padded or soft jaw vise and be ready to catch the plunger and spring when sliding out the nail. I now have a 35mm photo film container with an assortment of roll-pins, springs and plungers.

I've gone one step farther and had a smith permanently plug the ejector holes and flush off to the bolt face without altering head spacing ---- FYI

Tooter
Old 01-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Sinclair sell a neat tool for rem 700 bolts holding the ejector depressed allowing pin removal without spring flying.