Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 AM

Default Wenig Stocks

Hello all,
I've just started my first "project" gun. Here's the details,
Action: Trued Rem 700 BDL short action
Barrel: Hart 1:12, 24", with remington varmint contour
Caliber: 20Vartarg
Stock: ?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Wenig stocks. Quality, price etc.
Kind of liked the classic style in laminate.

Your thoughts....

Josh
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 AM

Default Wenig's

I bought one from them for my Martini Cadet. I'm well satisified. Not a laminate, though.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:11 AM

Default nice project

sounds like a great first project. couldn't pick a better caliber either. there are a lot of choices for stocks for this gun, but a pretty piece of wood sure helps.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:21 PM

I have two Wenig laminate stocks, a thumbhole for a Remington 700 and a classic for a Remington 600. I think they are a little high priced but they are great people to deal with. On the first on I ordered they told me it would be eight weeks and at the start of the seventh week they called me to tell me it was ready. I live about 125 miles away from Lincoln and wanted to pick it up, they gave me a complete tour of the shop and gave me some scraps of the same color of laminate so I could make a knive that matched the rifle. On the second stock they again told me eight weeks but called two weeks later to say it was ready. To my way of thinking if you tell me the product will take so long to get to me and you are early or on time I am happy. I have gotten into deals where I was told it would take a few days and months later it was still not finished. NOT had that problem with Wenig.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 AM

They were the folks that I had chosen after shopping, calling around, researching, and narrowing down a handfull of stock maker choices. I spoke to a BUNCH of different stock makers before choosing these guys to strip and recheck my rifle.

Ultimately, I had changed my mind and just decided to dump the rifle. But these people came accross as very professional and gave me a very safe sense of security that the job was going to be done with care and attention.

It's good to know that I would be making the right choice again in the future.