Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2014, 11:31 PM

Right you are Ray. I'll only be able to play at 100 & 200 yards with my hornet. Now if I could also bring along my 22-250 for the egg action at 300, that could work but you were kind enough to let me shoot your 17 Javelina Improved ? the last time around, and what a shooter that thing was/is! Very cool. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Stephen

Bring what ya got. It's all in fun. I may bring the ar. They won't laugh or run you off if you bring a big bore. But not bringing any guns does work too. Ray's got some good ones.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:11 PM

Default not in the cards for me this year

Since the move, I will not be able to get back East for this event. This will be the first that I've missed and sure regret not getting to spend the time with you all this year. I'm sure that it will be a good time as it always has been. Thanks to Ray for continuing to host such a terrific event.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Small caliber

Guys what are you shooting as far as caliber ? Is it a .17 caliber shoot or .22 ? Aug. 9th at Thurmont right ? 8 or 9 o'clock ?
I was just curios to see if my .22 cheetah would qualify and my 17 fireball ? What will be the distance ? At 300 my fireball gets lost....

Last edited by snowpro440; 07-21-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Yes, it is a "small caliber" shoot, but don't let that stop you from coming. You may see something you like and end up building one for next year!

I think I can speak for Ray and say, this is meant to be more of a social gathering, like a reunion, for board members to meet, swap stories and knowledge, and have a good time. There is no real competition here. Just plain fun. We shoot various and challenging targets from "flies" to eggs at 100-200 and 300, and your fireball might surprise you. Mine does fine. Bring the Cheetah along to shoot if you want. You won't be shunned here. It's nice to meet new folks and put faces to names...and a bunch of good ones to boot.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Charlie for filling in. Jim, you and the boys will be missed. Eddie won't have anyone to pick on this year. One thing we added this year, we'll have our clubs Ground Hog Match targets. Since most here are varmint hunters you may have wondered what these Ground Hog targets are like. This will give you a chance to try them out without getting into real G.H. Match. These will be shot at 100, 200 and 300 yds , just as in a real match. As Charlie said this get together is to have a good time. I shouldn't use the word match since I think it scares some off. If you don't have a 17 or 20 then bring what you have. The only thing you win is bragging rights for winning a particular relay. Again let me know if you're coming so I can be sure to order enough food for the dinner. Thanks, Ray
Old 07-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Supporting Member

Default More Small Cal guys

Hey Ray,
I found a couple more friends (non Saubier members) forums aren't there thing, who would like to come along to the shoot at Thurmont if that is fine with you? If that is fine with you, there will be four of us guys.
Stan
Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Supporting Member

I plan on being there. I would like to see what my 17/223 can do with someone that can really shoot.

Did Adam find a place to stay?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:43 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks guys for letting me know, see you all there. Steve you'll be able to test her out to 300 yds. We can start shooting at 9am. If any of you would like to zero your rifles early , you're welcome to do that between 9am and 10am.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 AM

Ray, I am going to try and make it this year.