Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Default My latest purchase

I recently purchased a used Savage 12 Long Range Precision rifle. The factory barrel had been re-chambered from 22-250 to 22-250 AI. Being a Savage fan I really like the rifle and the improved stock is a big improvement from H&S.

This rifle is one of this years models and has the target accu-trigger. I adjusted it to the heaviest pull weight 1.5lbs which makes the safety completely functional and is light enough for me ( I do not like any trigger under 1lb ).

I really like the left port right bolt configuration and it took me no time at all to get used to it while shooting some factory and reloaded 22-250 ammo. Rifle shot groups in the .3-.5's with my 22-250 reloads. I think she will shoot even better when my dies arrive and I assemble some loads with the fire formed brass.

The only thing that I do not like about the rifle is the barrel channel fit. The barrel does not ride straight in the barrel channel. The barrel does not touch the left side but I will try to correct this with some bedding.

Mike.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Dude.....its good to hear from you again.

Thought maybe you fell off the earth for a while. LOL
Hope thing are well.
Haven't heard from you for a while, glad to see your back.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Doing fine and so is this new rifle........

I mostly hang out over at GGVG but I have been browsing some here too. I have had a chance to make it to the range with some fire formed brass with the new 22-250AI.

I posted a lengthy range report over at GGVG and will not list it all here but suffice to say I am very happy.

Seven loads were shot in the rifle all with CCI 200 primers and two loads featured mixed brass.

Best load was in the .2's and most were in the .3's!

Mike.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Nothing much better than a 22-250 AI!!

I have worn out a few in my time and loved every minute of it.

Did you get to see some pics of the two Wasatch actioned rifles I finished.
They look much better in person, you will have to stop by one day and have a look.

Merry Christmas Mike!

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:12 AM

Default I did see them

What a great looking pair of rifles! I will have to stop by on my way up north one of these days. Where can you buy the Wasatch actions and if you don't mind my asking what is the price range?

How do you like the quality of the actions and are they compatible with remington parts?

I have an itch for a 20 vartarg!

Mike.