Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-16-2016, 11:53 PM
Supporting Member

Default Big thanks to Saubier.com

I found this sight from a member on my hunting forum. I had just purchased a H&R 317 in 17/223 and needed help since I had never reloaded before. Thanks to the members I still have both eyes and fingers.

The amount of things I have learned from Barrel Twist to Triggers did sink in. You should all be commended for your vast knowledge in all things shooting. I would have been lost without you fellas.

Thank you all,

Steve
Old 02-17-2016, 02:17 AM

Default Love this site....

Stevo you are not the only one who has gotten help or perhaps inspiration from this site.As far as I am concerned it is probably one of the best group of guys
shooting small calibers in the world.Glad to call this site my home away from home.
Matt
Old 02-17-2016, 02:42 AM
Supporting Member

I agree, it's been the only web site I hit regularly for probably close to 15 years now. Been grateful ever since I first stumbled on to Saubier
Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 AM

Proud to say I cut my teeth here, great bunch of fellas!

Learned to reload, fire form and anneal all in one shot.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Just about anything on any subject you wish to know.
Ask here and someone will come up with proper answers.
Best place there is for honest courteous replies. A great
source of information.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-17-2016, 05:27 AM
Supporting Member

Wish it hadn't crashed in 2006 cause we lost some great archive material but it was up and cooking again in no time so we're only missing about 6 years worth.
I use to cruise a lot of different shooting sites but once sub. .22 caliber madness set in around 1997 and I found this site around 2000 I've called Saubier.com home and never looked back.
Thanks to all for helping me spend the kids inheritance in some toy's for the two seniors of the establishment . Good clean fun!
On the serious side I'll repeat what I've often said here before. I've reloaded all the old standby varmint rounds and numerous hunting rounds as well for many many years. That said, when I started reloading the sub. .22 calibers and even the small .22's it was like learning to reload all over again. That "new reloader" excitement was back ! Beings how these are all toys with no seriously logical purpose the new toy excitement has never left.
Did I mention I have a CZ 527 Varmint in .17 Hornet that's gonna immediately become a .20 Ackley Hornet scheduled to show up on the "Big Brown Truck" Thursday ??? Hope I never get to old to get this excited over a new toy, thanks again Jim !!!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:23 AM
Supporting Member

Agree with everything above and will add that the overall culture of this site is amazing. The respectful and gentlemanly paradigm of this site is refreshing and I know when I come here I'm good getting info and no BS and drama.

Thank you,

Chris
Old 02-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Supporting Member

This is far and away the best site on the web. Respectful, informative, timely and always willing to help. If most other forums were 50% this good the web would be a far better place. I appreciate each and every one of the members on here for their great contributions over the years. I have learned a lot on Saubier.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Supporting Member

Yes a good place to hang out, the amount of knowledge an info here is great, Everyone is more then willing to share that knowledge. Everyone here is more then willing to help you figure out ways to spend your money.

Tom

Last edited by Tparrish; 02-17-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:59 PM

Thumbs up Agree with everyone

I agree with everyone's reply so far. I don't post a lot here but I'm here quite a bit and read, read, read. It's obvious when you read the posts that this forum is leaps and bounds above the masses. Other forums pretty much turn most threads into conflicts, debates, ego boosters, etc. I'm too old for that stuff. The integrity here on Saubier.com is the main ingredient, and it translates to good informative answers, good comments and enjoyable reading.

My thanks to all of you as well ,
JB in NC