Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-20-2018, 02:00 AM

Default Need help on how to sell a few rifles online?

I live in washington state and i was wanting to advertise a few rifles to sell but i am not sure how to transfer ownership and how everything will work. i also have a gun broker account and was going to advertise on there too but i don't know how well it works. any help would be greatly appreciated and i am sorry this is not a true small caliber thread. thank you!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 AM
Administrator

For GB, you will need to transfer to a dealer for any out of state buyer. You also need to make sure the buyer's FFF holder will accept from a private individual. They are perfectly allowed by law, some just won't. You should ask for the ffl's license number to verify it is a legitamate FFL holder. Get the number and a copy of their license if they will email it to you. Verify it is legitamte on the FFL EZ check system. (Google it)

Buyer pays you for gun plus shipping, you send gun to the dealer and he does the paperwork there. Done deal.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM

Easiest but not the cheapest way is to have a LGS or local FFL do the shipping for you. That way it goes FFL to FFL. Depending on the selling price of the rifle, you can tack on whatever your FFL charges to the price. Gunbroker lists the FFLs in your area and what they charge.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Supporting Member

Couple of things.
UPS will not pay a claim on a stolen gun if it is not shipped FFL to FFL. They'll take your money for the insurance but sorry.... If you think they are honest refer to the Canadian who sent a bank draft for close to a million bucks and UPS said 'up yours'.
I have my FFL list the gun on his account. No sales rating (yours) means less interest from buyers. My opinion.
I start at .01 and No Reserve, with auctions ending Tuesday afternoon. Unless the gun is a real junker, it will get a decent price. You have a GB account, look in 'Completed Listings' to see what guns such as yours actually sell for. Guys get together over the w/e and talk, 'there's a .....' Then by Tuesday afternoon works slows down and folks have time to browse and spend. My experience.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 AM
Supporting Member

Default Selling

I sell a lot of rifles online. I would advertise your rifle on Saubier, Accurate Shooter, Rfc, and 24hr Campfire. Include shipping in your price and if you don't have the original box buy a hardcase. Let the buyer know your an individual and if they want FFL --FFL charge them the cost. You'll ask for a FFL to ship to, they need to do that, have the conversation with their FFL, NOT YOU. Use the ATF EZ Check to verify your shipping to a legitimate FFL with a current license. Send a copy of your DL along with a signed bill of sale. If their FFL requires it come from an FFL that's their right, But it's not law. Any company can require anything they want, it's just not law. My experience is that as a rule the members of these shooting sites and the shooting fraternity as a whole is pretty solid. Flip side is if you don't have a presense on these sites you as the seller will be the one questioned, same with GunBroker. I can say that of all the transactions I've done the only one I've been outright screwed on was with GunBroker.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
Couple of things.
UPS will not pay a claim on a stolen gun if it is not shipped FFL to FFL. They'll take your money for the insurance but sorry.... If you think they are honest refer to the Canadian who sent a bank draft for close to a million bucks and UPS said 'up yours'.
I have my FFL list the gun on his account. No sales rating (yours) means less interest from buyers. My opinion.
I start at .01 and No Reserve, with auctions ending Tuesday afternoon. Unless the gun is a real junker, it will get a decent price. You have a GB account, look in 'Completed Listings' to see what guns such as yours actually sell for. Guys get together over the w/e and talk, 'there's a .....' Then by Tuesday afternoon works slows down and folks have time to browse and spend. My experience.
I am going to call BS on that one (they say it like that, you know...call BS on that one), about the insurance and FFL to FFL. The nonpayment and "up yours" is how UPS handles ANY insurance claim by any individual or small entity that can't leverage enough force to make them to pay out the insurance that was paid for.

I used to state that I absolutely would not ship to an FFL FROM MY FFL because it is not required and beyond what must be done. I have since changed my mind and state that if a receiving FFL requires shipment FROM AN FFL, the buyer must add $1,000,000.00 to the price of the firearm and actual shipping cost and insurance.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.

Last edited by Danny; 03-22-2018 at 05:42 AM.