Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Default New Powder.

Hi there every one I've been away a while, bought a new house moving and all that goes with it but its all done now thank god, so back to the shooting my mate has bought some superformance powder, he has been told its the powder Hornady use in the .17 HH but he can't find any load data for it for the .17 HH is this because the data has not been released or is it not the same powder they use for there round in that rifle.

Al.

Happy new year to you all.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Superformance powder has a burn rate like H4831, it is designed for slightly over bore cases, I shoot it in my 22-250AI and 224 Durham Jet. Im pretty sure they dont use it in the 17HH. If you check Hodgdon's web sight you will find loads for it for larger cases.

Bob
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM

Default New Powder

Superformance is a powder Hodgdon came out with. But they have loads for it with specific cartridges, so far and have warnings on their site about using it only in those. Hodgdon load data site will fill you in. Be careful and safe Bill K
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Supporting Member

Alan,
The latest Hodgen Annual Manual lists the Superperformance powder as being a pretty slow powder compared to many others that seem to have been historically popular in the small cartridges. This annual manual touts Lil Gun as the predominant powder for the 17HH (though it doesn't say what Hornady uses for its factory loading.)
Don
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Thanks guys its what we thought, the guy who brought the 17HH for a demo day said that's the powder they use, so my mate bought a tin to try but as yet has not opened it so he can take it back to the shop, he normally uses N120 for me I have been using AA1680 and will soon need some more, any of the English boys know where I can get some more it shoots real well and better still goes through the powder through spot on, any other powder out there for the .17AH that's a ball powder and will meter as well as the AA1680, not that I want to change powder it's in case I can't get any more of it.

Al.