Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2019, 10:39 PM

Question Lots of CZ 527 questions....any help is appreciated.

The few 527's I had were the earlier models and I read about some "not liking" the "new" action/trigger/fit and finish etc.

Who has experience with both to give me a general comparison?

For a dedicated single shot 527 (re-barreled to a wildcat) with a chamber freebore giving a longer COAL than the advertised 2.26" , is J. Calhoon's single shoot adapter the best aka least costly option?

Barrel contours. Are the newer 6.5 Grendel barrels a different size than the 223? Also, while a barrel channel can be opened up for the barrel I'm assuming opening up the opening under the bolt to fit the Grendel size magazine ALL that would be needed if one DIDNT go dedicated single shot?

Anyone actually SEE a new 527 with nice wood grain like the early ones? All I've seen......well, let's just say they were "unremarkable" in appearance and that is the basis why Ive got the above questions on a Grendel barreled action in a 223 stock and what it would take to convert it. Life's too short to shoot an ugly rifle IMO.

A 6x45mm is one option but I've got my heart set on a 6MM Grendel (6mmAR, and other names) but just a simple neck down and go version therefore I think the Grendel/7.62x39 bolt face is mandatory. Not sure I'm all about opening up the 223 face to fit like I've seen mentioned on other sites. Scares me and I'm fearless.

Is the single set trigger still as good as the early versions? I have a Model Seven Rem in 6mm Rem I WAS going to rebarrel to a 6BR and replace the mag parts with 223 versions as suggested by Mike Bryant but the SS trigger is my favorite and the looks of a NICE stocked 527 is just hard to beat IMO so........looking at all this above.

YEP.......Remmynut is alive and kickin'. Haven't been around much other than lurking. Recovering from back surgery at the moment and NOT looking forward to a hip replacement in the spring.

I'll probably come up with more questions, lol.

For those with experience in any of the above whom are willing to help an old geezer out, I greatly appreciate any observations.

God Bless to each one here and your families this Holiday season.
Steve

Last edited by Remmynut; 12-13-2019 at 10:41 PM.