Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-28-2022, 11:58 AM
Administrator

I have a T3X lite compact on backorder for the kids in 6.5 Creedmoor. Love my old 595 in 7-08. Killed a pile of game with that one.
Old 02-28-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
WyoBull,
I too have the T3 Superlite in .243, but I’m struggling to get good groups with Barnes 80 grain TTSXBT bullets.
I’m using Vhit powders, what brand powder are you using?
Thanks,Ken.
Ken, I worked my load up using IMR 4064. I could find little to no loading data for that bullet and powder combination so I started low and worked my way up.
When I was doing my load development I bought a box of factory Barnes Vor-Tex in the 80 gr TTSX to make sure they would shoot well in my rifle and they did.

So, I commenced to working up a load for it and now have it where it shoots a little under 1/2 inch at 100 yards with a 5 shot group. I am very happy with it.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:05 PM

Default Sorry I didn't see your post until just now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Where did you get your Superlite 223? I’m just not sure they are imported by Beretta anymore.
I bought my Tikka from Sportsman's over the internet and picked it up here in Fresno, CA. One day I opened my email and there was an offer for this rifle on sale. I have been wanting a sporter weight rifle in .223 for some time. Really wanted a mini action e.g. CZ, Howa, but cannot find one. I jumped on this offer and have been very pleased with this rifle.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:04 PM

My .223 T3 had a 1:8 twist, lightest thing it would shoot really accurately was 62gr and loved 75-77gr bullets, very accurate with what it liked but I didn't need a heavy bullet flinger so down the road it went. Replaced by a CZ 527 with 1:12 twist which suits my needs better. The Tikka is a fine rifle just mine didn't suit my needs, live and learn.