Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 PM

Default Ladobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladobe View Post

EDIT: Ooops! OK, checked the TC site... they do list #4198 as a 23" 5mmMag for the Contender. Your problem is solved.

L.
I don't see how you locating something that may cause me to go back on my promice to myself to be content with just a few good rifles solves my "problem"...lol
On second thought,,, I guess it's not your fault that I'm such a weak individule...

Shouldn't be a big deal to get one of those 23" barrel's cut to about 20" and recrowned.. Guess I'll contact TC about the availability of those barrels and start watching the auction's and various classifieds for a frame...

One last thought on the matter... I've "rationalized" that since the 5mm is actually a Rimfire,, I won't really be breaking my promice... (Will I??)

Charlie

Oh Yea,,, Contender's are new to me, so any advice would be more than welcome.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy
Default RePete......do not read this post....

.....Oh OK......fair warning delivered.

T/C custom shop G2 Contender
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Supporting Member

I am not sure how close Eagle View is to producing the 5mm Mag Contender barrels or the lead time but you could call him and get it made exactly the way you want it and although I cannot say for sure I would assume that it would be a better custom barrel too… I told him to make me one….
Old 08-30-2009, 08:40 PM

Default Oh My!!!!

RareBear......One of the things I never liked about the Contender was the engraving so I was pleased to just see that the G2's on TC's web site didn't have any,, but that color case hardened Contender is an even better suprise... WoW!!!
That would look pretty sweet with a deep blued octagon barrel,, eah??

Thanks for the info GL..
I'm leaving for a week in the woods tomorrow morning,,, but I'll definatly send Lowell an e-mail when I get back..

Dang your hide GL..

Charlie

Last edited by RePete; 08-31-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned

Default 5mm

Ive never seen or no anyone who has one of the new TC barrels or a Taurus 5mm revolver I don't think they have ever been put on the market. ~ FATTY
Old 08-31-2009, 02:01 PM

Default Well,,, they're definatly on TC's web-site

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
Ive never seen or no anyone who has one of the new TC barrels or a Taurus 5mm revolver I don't think they have ever been put on the market. ~ FATTY
I suppose a call to TC would answer that question,, which is exactly what I plan to do when I get back from my Grouse camp.
Can't say about the Taurus, and it really doesn't matter to me other than the fact that it would be nice seeing more manufacturers showing interest in the 5mm.

Charlie
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePete View Post
RareBear......One of the things I never liked about the Contender was the engraving so I was pleased to just see that the G2's on TC's web site didn't have any,, but that color case hardened Contender is an

Charlie
I had to go with something a little different.
not small caliber but 6mm TCU

ML
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned

Default 5mm

Just got off the phone with T/C the lady told me Fox Ridge has a 14" in stock and as far as rifle length barrels go they have 40 in the shop being made right now but she could not give me a date on when they would hit the market. Also called on the new 5mm ammo and they guy at Centrioun told me it would be released some time next month. ~ Fatty
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM

I have one of the TC 5mm barrels in the 23 inch length. Had my dealer order it from Zander's this spring, it was in stock at the time. Very nice barrel, shoots under an inch at 100 yards with the Centurian ammo. Quite pleased with the new ammo, hits noticeably harder than my 17 hmr with the 20 grain stuff.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Supporting Member

Nice Michael, who did the engraving? Didn't know MGM did oct. barrels. Thought my eyes was failing when I sent the flute in one pic but not in the others then seen the diff logos.