Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 AM

Default Single-round loading cz527 Hornet.

Hey folks, I have a CZ527 in .22 Hornet that I purchased 2nd hand. It shoots nicely on most fodder and is a pleasure to own. I can load it single round or from a mag with no trouble, however all the other cz .22 hornets I've seen could only be fed from the mag, as if you try to single- round load them, that mauser extractor jammed on the case rim. Glad I've got mine! My question is:-
Is my hornet unique, or has someone relieved the extractor a bit to enable single-round loading?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 AM
Supporting Member

Mine ( converted to 17 AH) has always single loaded fine without any mods.
Drew
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA

My 17ah can be fed singly, or from the magazine, no problems either way. I think you have to get the bullet started into the chamber though, our you still not have a successful feed.

Larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office
Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Supporting Member

I don't have any problem single loaded mine. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Default controlled feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetboy View Post
Hey folks, I have a CZ527 in .22 Hornet that I purchased 2nd hand. It shoots nicely on most fodder and is a pleasure to own. I can load it single round or from a mag with no trouble, however all the other cz .22 hornets I've seen could only be fed from the mag, as if you try to single- round load them, that mauser extractor jammed on the case rim. Glad I've got mine! My question is:-
Is my hornet unique, or has someone relieved the extractor a bit to enable single-round loading?
The early CZ actions were cortrolled feed only, I had a 223 that you could only feed from the magazine. Jim Calhoon modified the bolt so it could be used either way, and apparently CZ followed suit, I believe you can send your bolt to Jim and he will modify it? Now if CZ would only change the safety.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to SShooterZ

I had the exact same problem with my hornet too. One of the reasons I sold it off to be honest.

Good to hear later versions were corrected but that was annoying as heck either having to put it in the mag or have cock it into the mag for it chamber.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM

My 527 in 17AH has a single shot follower ( calhoun small) and does not feed well at all. Have to push the round forward with a finger to get the bullet into the bore. Not tried it with the mag as I cant get the follower out. This is a 3 year old or so rifle and was converted from new.

A
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 PM

Well done fella's. Mine is the only one I've seen that you can push the bolt in behind a chambered round and have it chamber without the ejector claw having to jump over the case rim. Mine's an early one so maybe someone slicked it up. You can find out just about anything here! Love this site. Anyone else?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Supporting Member

I have had mine 7 years [ is that old? ] and nothing has been done to the extractor. The only way to get the extractor on the other side, is to be forced over the rim when single loaded. Kenny

I pride myself in being able to make decisions with little information.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicero View Post
I have had mine 7 years [ is that old? ] and nothing has been done to the extractor. The only way to get the extractor on the other side, is to be forced over the rim when single loaded. Kenny
That's ok as long as you don't break a bit off the extractor. That's why I like push-feeds like Remingtons and Sakos. However mine's ok for whatever reason, and I'm very happy with it.