Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-14-2021, 11:04 PM

In my case i was sending a rifle to a FFL holder, the new postmaster insisted that I needed an FFL, He finally invited me into his office and called the ATF on speaker phone..he didn't know whether to S*** or wind his watch when they told him it was OK to do so
Old 01-14-2021, 11:23 PM

The USPS guy wanted a copy of the FFL before he would take it. I don't see anything about that in the USPS or ATF regs. He said his book showed he needed the FFL.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358SCOTT View Post
The USPS guy wanted a copy of the FFL before he would take it. I don't see anything about that in the USPS or ATF regs. He said his book showed he needed the FFL.
I would go back and ask him to show you/me the book and where it says what he is saying. He should probably read the book, actually, and see what the laws/ATF says.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:21 AM

I use "machined parts" for any contents. Questioned? it's mechanical tubing with a fitment on one end.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358SCOTT View Post
Gary,
Do you happen to know that sections location in the book?
Scott
Drover beat me to it. Good luck!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 01-15-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
I may be the clerk did not know or he was told it was a Firearm--I always disclose it as "Tools" or Instrument then they are not too concerned when it is insured for $$$

Jim
From the ATF FAQ:

"In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt."

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Patrol View Post
I use "machined parts" for any contents. Questioned? it's mechanical tubing with a fitment on one end.
From the ATF FAQ:

"In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt."

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb in Pa View Post
In my case i was sending a rifle to a FFL holder, the new postmaster insisted that I needed an FFL, He finally invited me into his office and called the ATF on speaker phone..he didn't know whether to S*** or wind his watch when they told him it was OK to do so
You have to be careful in doing that. I have called them before and have found that their own people may or may not know their own rules. I have been given an incorrect answer.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
From the ATF FAQ:

Thanks for the update. I'm sure everyone that's ever shipped an action has done that.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 PM

The only time I've had to deal with FFL BS when getting a gun repaired by the manufacturer was when I was sent a different s/n, i.e. replacement instead of repair. Then I had to jump through hoops to _receive_ the gun back.