Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-11-2017, 03:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Too many plastic junk AR's being sold instead of decent rifles.
Hard to compete with the spray n pray crowd

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 12-11-2017, 03:51 PM

IMHO - Remington (Freedom Group) ruined Marlin. I love my Marlin Lever guns, Remlin Lever guns, not so much.

I have several generations of 700 based bolts. I have a 30-06 Remington Auto loader. I don't think I have a single Remington manufactured in the last 15 years....

Didn't care for the new triggers etc.

Sorry if they go, but, their current product line holds nothing of interest to me.

v/r rch
Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Remington, because of its history & name recognition, has changed ownership many times. Each owner infecting the company with different means of manipulating the company and its products to strain $s from its essence, and then sell what's left for the next owner's bloodletting.

This has become the epitaph of many famous-named companies, originally established with scruples enough to draw a base of trusting customers....and then sold off when those scruples were gone. It has become an accepted way many well established companies have passed away.

When the spark that created the successful market-fire of these companies dies out, a new iconic company falls into the void and takes off. The difference, lately, is to buy these "dying" companies, and distill the last "juices" of value, repeatedly, until there is nothing left of value...the last owner being the ultimate looser.

Originally, in their heydays, these companies arrogantly felt they were unbreakable. But, break they did. A new, amazing performer, always show up, for their turn at bat. This is why I hate Government supporting companies that have run their life-span. The market looses (only temporarily), the natural growth and advantage of these companies moving out of the way, and allowing new thought and innovation to replace them.

The market lost many potential new companies and opportunities for new thinkers to develop in the Auto Industry, when Government "Saved" GM. And we are still being rewarded by a corrupt banking industry continually boosted back from criminal activities by their cronies in the FED.

Short-term appearances are everything! Durable investment, is seen as a drain on the bottom-line... A Weakness, preventing fast profit, selling, and then move to
the next opportunity.

This type of mind-set is destructive and it chases every successful business like a pack of wolves just waiting for an opportunity to strike. It is banal in humans and seen in every form of relationships we develop.

Durability is pase! Disposable is in the back-mind of most every bond or commitment, now. It's become the "Acceptable", and those that do not follow in this thought basis, are seen as weak, and laughable, by those currently "In The Know"!

Death, is natural in the process of all organisms, whether organic, or, inorganic.

Frankenstiening these companies, usually leaves the company, its customers and final owners, all stinking in an "aged toilet" that should have been "flushed" long ago!

Just another opinion on the subject, which I humbly share...

Bill
Old 12-11-2017, 05:32 PM

Wow Bill, tell us how you really feel

Sign of the times right? Supply and demand, cause and effect. Buy garbage is supporting garbage so on etc......

Remington doesn't really offer anything that interests me other than maybe their short bolt actions, which would be rebarreled and blueprinted anyway. At that point may as well go completely custom.

For the general consumer its all about the current trends. With that being said, beautiful walnut stock, bolt action rifles are not the hip thing anymore.

I am grateful to have grown up in a time where things were much slower paced and to be able to be part of technical evolution at the same time.

Think about it this way- someone is still making money off of the Elvis brand, I'd be surprised if the Remington name becomes a distant thought.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:44 PM

One can buy a cheap Chinese Remington chain saw, a Rawlings set of ping pong balls, Troy Landry .22 LR ammo, Babbitt set of scissors (okay...this IS meaningful in decision making for cutting "things")....these are what i meant in "Image more important than actual durable performance!"

Bill
Old 12-12-2017, 12:02 AM

Cool

Sorry to see that they are in trouble for a lot of reasons. Mostly for the good people that work there that depend on the company's success for a job to feed their family.

That being said, JMHO but their management and sales have completely missed a LOT of opportunities to increase their sales. For example their caliber lineup is weak. Their models are too many and no trendy caliber selections. Just for starters. Where they failed the most is when they did not answer Savage's M12 in the 6br offering with a really good varmint rifle in that caliber.

It's not rocket science, build quality products that people will buy, listen to your customers, and keep costs under control. Again, JMHO. WD