Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 PM

Default Mashburn Bee

http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1055
http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1053
http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1054

I have been a Mashburn Bee fan for 40 + years had a nice Sako L-46 Douglas BBL Bishop stock butt some SOB stole it 20+ years ago.
Since then I have had several Hornets/K-Hornets but they did not fill the spoi
I looked, looked ,and then looked some more to find a replacement found a bunch of Martini's but no bolt actions.
Found this Cooper 38 and here are the results 5 shots 100 YDS one with Sierra 40 BK the other with 40 V-Max both with CFE-Black
The 10 shot FF was done with the False shoulder much like is done on the 6 Dasher

Jim

Last edited by Hippy; 06-11-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:36 PM

you couldnt have done it better Nice shooting Great buy
Old 06-12-2018, 11:14 AM

Default Lots of cool stuff comes from Bee’s

Dan C used to have a Mashburn Bee and eventually developed the Killer Bee line.I am glad your find worked out so well.I hope you can get some varmints with it soon.
Matt
Old 06-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Excellent shooting - the Sierra 40HP's were also very accurate in my high vel. Hornet, as were the 40gr. Varminators by Barnes. The Vmaxes shot well (sub-1/2"), but the others were better for me.
In my .218Bee Ruger, the 40gr. BK's were the best.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post

http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1055
http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1053
http://www.saubier.com/forum/picture...pictureid=1054

I have been a Mashburn Bee fan for 40 + years had a nice Sako L-46 Douglas BBL Bishop stock butt some SOB stole it 20+ years ago.
Since then I have had several Hornets/K-Hornets but they did not fill the spoi
I looked, looked ,and then looked some more to find a replacement found a bunch of Martini's but no bolt actions.
Found this Cooper 38 and here are the results 5 shots 100 YDS one with Sierra 40 BK the other with 40 V-Max both with CFE-Black
The 10 shot FF was done with the False shoulder much like is done on the 6 Dasher

Jim
Jim, I just picked up a Cooper 38 also chambered in 218 Mashburn Bee. Factory Target looks much like your targets. It was made in 2005 and its unfired......well until Saturday rolls around. I'm going to shoot some factory 218 Bee through it and then start on working up a load for it. Was wondering where to start with the CFE BLK Load. I am loving that powder in my Cooper 38 17 AH. Any info you could share I would greatly appreciate!
Old 07-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Supporting Member

Good shooting........... One of my most accurate Cooper rifles is a Model 38 chambered in 218 M Bee.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 07-12-2019, 04:25 PM

My Cooper 38 in .218 MB likes the 50 gr. Vmax with H4198. I couldn't get anything lighter to shoot at all? I feel like it is an issue of the bullet length rather than weight. I have some lead free Noslers that are lighter in weight but still a bigger longer bullet I need to try out to see if my suspicions are right.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel6 View Post
My Cooper 38 in .218 MB likes the 50 gr. Vmax with H4198. I couldn't get anything lighter to shoot at all? I feel like it is an issue of the bullet length rather than weight. I have some lead free Noslers that are lighter in weight but still a bigger longer bullet I need to try out to see if my suspicions are right.
As far as bullet stability versus barrel twist goes, it has ALWAYS been about bullet length and not weight. It just so happens that increased weight generally follows increased length, but bullet length determines if a certain twist will stabilize a bullet.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 PM

The factory Target from my Cooper 38 shows a 40 Grain(I believe Sierra BK) with a load of 1680 pushing it. And it is seriously the TIGHTEST Cooper Test Target I've ever seen. I am hoping that I can reproduce that load because it certainly is a shooter!!!!