Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 10-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Default twins scored a two-fer!

PA's youth rifle season started yesterday. My nephews came over to hunt with me today on a farm I hunt that's got quite a lot of deer damage. Their dad got off late so we didn't sit down until nearly 5:30. But that didn't matter. With lots of standing corn we had good cover and it wasn't but 10 minutes before Wyatte was into deer. Unfortuately the first was a huge buck! No bucks for youth in pa's early season.

Shortly thereafter his gun cracked...three times! We watched from afar and figured he missed. As they were looking around in the field, i saw a deer peeking out of the corn. I got Dalton set with the gun on my shoulder due to high weeds in front of us. The gun cracked and the deer ran. We walked down to look after a few minutes and found nothing. Clean miss. We sat in the fencerow and weren't there 5 minutes, when a deer stepped out below us. We couldn't shoot because of a house so we waited.

After about ten minutes, the deer finally made it out into the field. Dalton was now set up on a stump for a rest. I silently coached him to breathe and take his time. Finally the gun cracked and the button buck dropped in it's tracks. We high fived and headed down to collect his prize. When we got there, a second big buck stepped out of the fencerow! I'll be after them the coming week with pointy sticks.

Dalton's dad and brother met us down there, and we found out that Wyatte missed a big doe and a fawn doe stuck around a bit too long. Then they both watched as Dalton got his deer. So...both twins connected with their very first deer on the same night. Doesn't get much better than this!

Dalton on the right and Wyatte on the left.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:13 AM
Supporting Member

Congratulations Charlie on getting the boys their deer. You need to work on the buck next week.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Supporting Member

Default Twins

Great Job Charlie! Makes my day when some new hunters get started. We may be able to save our youth despite the educational system.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Supporting Member

Default That's Great

Good job Charlie,
Nice to see the youngsters taking an interest in hunting.
Stan
Old 10-26-2013, 04:01 PM

congrats to both of them!!!!!