Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Supporting Member

I called H-S Precision and asked them about cutting a left handed bolt into their stock, and they told me that it would be a very bad idea because it would substantially weaken the stock because you'd be cutting through an important portion of the aluminum frame underneath the exterior.

It is a bummer, because I'm a lefty too, and there is just not any good options for synthetic stocks in a leftnhanded configuration for the CZ 527. I'm a McMillan fan, and when I spoke with them they stated that it was something they were considering, but was not on the building block yet. Call them...let them know your interested in a good lefty stock....

H-S Precision told me they would not make one left handed...period.

YMMV

MQ1
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM

So much for my Bad-Good Idea! I 'm glad you posted that, because if someone did my suggestion and found the stock weakened, I would feel obligated to replace the stock! So, I "owe" you & thanks MQ1 for going to the trouble to check this out!
Bill
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

I emailed CZ and asked if there was a way to get a left handed kevlar stock "custom made" by them and their answer was "it was definitely not even remotely possible". Don't have to like it but at least I/we now know for sure. Jim /