Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Supporting Member

Default Cz 527 204 Kevlar lefthanded

I have cruised the net this morning looking to find a piece (listed in title above), for my nephew and although I can find left handed Cz 204's quite readily I'm not finding lefthanded kevlar renditions. I also see a new rendition target/varmint rifle in 204 and have emailed Cz to find if they make it in lefthand but figured you lefthanded Cz guys can give me the info faster. Thanks Jim
Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Supporting Member

As far as I can tell CZ offer the 527 in 223 & 204 and only in the American..........all I can say is at least they offer it in left hand.......Kiwi
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 PM

You may think this a little far fetched, but if I wanted a Kevlar 204R and were left handed, I would buy a Left-hand American (223 or 204) and a Kevlar 204R.
Send them to your gunsmith and swap actions-then sell the right-hand American. This is more of a time-delay exercise.
But you would get what you want....if that IS what you really want. Like I said, it would not be too much to do for me, if that were what I wanted!
Bill
P.S. You would have a one of a kind CZ 204R!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Wouldn't the stock relief for the bolt handle and the loading / ejection port be on the right side of the stock rather than the left side??

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Supporting Member

Sorry Bill, I'm not quite with you. Are you saying that the GS would rework the kevlar stock ie: cut a bolt slot on left side & fill in bolt slot on right side, magazine release side swap etc.? If so, what you are really telling me then is there is no such thing as a left hand kevlar presently built for Cz 527, correct? Jim
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Jim, Yes! There is no factory left-hand Kevlar Varmint offered. And yes you would have a double-sided Kevlar stock! But I do not think you notice that once the smith is done with it. It certainly would not affect how the shooter would feel the rifle! Eye of the beholder would suffer, though! If this is going to be a carry rifle, I would try the American in 204R. It might surprise the young man as to how it feels and shoots!
Personally the palm-swell on the Kevlars and Varmint laminated do not fit my hand well. AND I prefer the lighter weight barrel configuration of the American model. We all have what makes us happy! And right now, for a factory Kevlar 204R the above would be the easiest, fastest and cheapest (compared to custom options) to get a what you a re looking for! I don't think the ambidextrous stock would be offensive-and it would shoot as if it did not know it was so equipped!!
Like I said, it would be a one of a kind!
Bill
P.S. I don't think the magazines are left-handed or the releases, are they-I have not studied the lefty offering, but the mags and releases are all the same!?!?

Last edited by william t. oviatt; 06-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks Bill. I will get him a left hand American in 204 and he will be happy.

BTW, I am sure happy with the Kevlar 9 twist 223 you sent me. I have its kevlar twin in 17rem and scoped them both w/Vortex 6.5x20's. Haven't loaded either the 60's or 75 Amax you said it liked but myself and 2 friends that have shot it like the way it shoots the factory BlackHills 40's my friend Randy had laying around. Inside a nickel for each of us. Glad that kevlar didn't fit you. Jim
Old 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM

After all the time and expense of doing that, would a LH Cooper Phoenix be a consideration? Love mine.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Hey Jim,
Had Pac Nor do a 22 inch blue 17 REM CZ to match the Amereican and I am VERY happy with it and its performance! We both are happy now! Glad that 223 Kevlar works for you as it did for me. Everything I put in it shot well!
Bill
Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 PM

ramos-That is a much better option with the Cooper than messing with the conversion of a CZ! And...I really like Coopers Phoenix stock!
Bill