Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Hi There Smike, I Am A British Shooter With A Cz 527 American .22 Hornet. I Have Moved From The V-max 35gn To 40 Gn Bullet Over 12.5 Gns Of H110 But Have To Load Em Singly. Can You Please Tell Me How You Modded Your Mag To Feem Them, Thanks In Advance , Spily.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 AM

CZ 527 Hornet Magazine modification:

http://www.coyotegods.com/ubb/showfl...&Number=221437

Bruce
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Hi There Bcp, Many Thanks For Your Reply, Good Info On The Site And Will Give It A Try, Regards,spily.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:25 PM

For 22 Hornet loads I vote for the 35 gr Hornady with Lil Gun in my Ruger 77/22H. It works very well for prairie dogs & ground squirrels out to 200 yds.

Calaveras County, California, USA

Old 04-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Default 22 hornet hornady 45gr. bee's

with the mag length problems the hornady 45gr. bee bullets are the ticket. and they sure put the hurt on things. and 200 yard shots are still easy.
shawn
Old 04-30-2008, 01:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Blygy Send a message via Yahoo to Blygy

Who makes the best hornet brass??

Also if Lil'gun is temp sensative is there a less sensative powder?? It would save me having to have two loads one for summer and one for winter..

Thanks

Time wounds all heels - R.A.H.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blygy View Post
Who makes the best hornet brass??

Also if Lil'gun is temp sensative is there a less sensative powder?? It would save me having to have two loads one for summer and one for winter..

Thanks

Ask ten people you will probably get eleven answers on that one.
Winchester and Remington brass are the most available for shooters in the USA. Both brands are nearly equal in quality (and the quality could use some improving). Winchester brass is thicker than the Remington brass, either is to thin to do any neck turning on IMHO. Remington brass will hold a few tenths more powder than Winchester. Purchase which ever is the most abundant in your area.

Dynamite Noble brass is suppose to be really good brass, but as far as I know it can’t be bought as a component, you can purchase it as loaded ammo though and reload the brass. Be advised this is hear-say on my part because I have never tried the stuff. I do have a box of 50 setting in my ammo locker waiting for me to get around to shooting and reloading it.

VihtaVuori N-120 is an excellent powder for the hornet and is temperature stable, cleaner burning too. AA1680 is another favorite in the Hornet, not sure what it’s temp sensitivity is though. Some say its dirty but I found the type of dirt is more like a soot and has little no affect on accuracy even after a 150 rounds, cleans easy too. Neither of these powders will get you the velocity you get with Lil’Gun.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM

Post good result

i have used 11.5 gr. win. 296 with speer 33 gr. good result
Old 06-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn t rasmussen View Post
with the mag length problems the hornady 45gr. bee bullets are the ticket. and they sure put the hurt on things. and 200 yard shots are still easy.
shawn
Good to see your name Shawn! And you are right about them 45 gr Hornady Bee bullets. My NEF would shoot the 35s ok but not my 77/22 H....
Old 03-19-2010, 06:52 PM

I'm using 13 grains of Lil'gun, WSR, Win brass and Barnes 30 grain varmint grenades(because I have to). I am pleased with the results so far.

With the lighter 30, 35 & 40 grain bullets I'm not sure how you can have much of a temperature problem with Lil'gun if you stick to the published data because it is only hitting 24,000-29,700 cup compared to 41,500 or 42,500 for H100 or H4227 respec.