Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2020, 11:36 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
The whole mask thing is to stop the droplets from normal conversation from getting in your nose and mouth. I want a Burka to wear!
........AND to stop a person who is infected ( known and stupidly going out, and those who just carry it without ever getting symptoms and feel safe going to the stores) from sneezing and spreading it, and spittle from a conversation, from infecting another person. Only about 10% of the population have been tested, and many can carry it, and many going about their business like they are superman. And folks can catch it after being tested and cleared, and the test is only 10-30% accurate, depending on the test kit. My Daughter is now running the local "15 minute" result test machine, and it is stated by the manufacture to be 30% accurate!!!

I said for weeks the statements that wearing a mask "isn't recommended by the CDC" was BULLCRAP to stop panic buying from individuals, to give medical- essential workers a chance to keep the N95 available and to stockpile for essential workers. Once they OK'd/ suggested wearing them, there is a panic buy on all masks.

I like Rick's version, it would stop a mist from getting to his airways better than most masks I'll bet. I had a truck delivery today and got an N95 from the shop to wear, and dang that thing is hard to adjust to wearing.

My son and SIL are firefighters, Daughter is Phlebotomist / runs testing machines ( labs) and my wife WAS a part time Lab worker. My son got a scare 3 weeks ago from a "client" that said she was ok, then ended up getting tested so she had enough symptoms that medical staff did the Wuhan test! My son no longer fails to don PPE before exiting the fire truck ( wisely).

Stay safe out there, my friends.

Allen

Last edited by hemiallen; 04-08-2020 at 02:44 PM.